A Drag Racing Car With Taylor Swift's Face on It Finished Third at the NHRA Finals
The Force is with Taylor, apparently.
Courtney Force raced her way to the semifinals of the Auto Club NHRA Nationals on Sunday in Pomona, California. However, it was her Advance Auto Parts Chevrolet Camaro SS Funny Car that caught lots of extra attention.
Force's ride was covered with Taylor Swift's face.
It was all part of a promotion with John Force Racing and the singer's label, Big Machine Records to design a Taylor Swift album-cover-themed funny car for the newly released Reputation.
“My team and I are always playing her songs to get in the zone and prepare to battle it out against the boys on race day. I hope to finish out our season on a high note while promoting Taylor’s album release at over 330 mph and hopefully celebrating in the winner’s circle with my team on Sunday,” Force said in a recent news release leading up to the race.
Force fell just short of a finals appearance losing to teammate Robert Hight in the third elimination round. Hight went on to capture the 2017 Funny Car championship.
“It was a great weekend, very exciting." Force said. “I was honored to drive it, and help her [Swift] promote her new album."
It was a big day for the Force family. Courtney's sister Brittany became the first woman in 35 years to win the Top Fuel championship.
- RELATEDNHRA Racing At The Texas Fall Nationals Is A Sight To BeholdThe NHRA was outside of Dallas this weekend, and the show they put on is second to none.READ NOW
- RELATEDMartin Truex Jr. Lands Full Sponsorship for the 2018 NASCAR SeasonBass Pro Shops and 5-hour Energy will be the co-primary sponsors for Furniture Row Racing's No. 78 car driven by Truex.READ NOW
- RELATEDWild NASCAR Playoff Race Ends with Angry Fan Trying to Fight Denny HamlinDenny Hamlin spun race leader Chase Elliott into a wall, leading to several heated post-race altercations.READ NOW
- RELATEDMercedes F1 Team Robbed at Gunpoint Outside Brazilian GP CircuitFIA officials and members of the Williams team also had run-ins with criminals this race weekend.READ NOW
- RELATEDHugo Boss Drops F1 Sponsorship in Favor of Formula EThe German fashion brand has been a partner of Mercedes Benz since 2015 and was formerly a longtime sponsor of McLaren.READ NOW