Best Harley-Davidson Gift Ideas: Give the Biker in Your Life the Perfect Gift
Make the Harley lovers in your life smile with these gift ideas
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Andra DelMonico / LAST UPDATED ON July 23, 2020
You don’t have to wait for the Christmas season to buy the Harley enthusiast in your life a gift. Sometimes the best gifts are the ones that you get spontaneously. This is the perfect way to let the Harley rider in your life know that you’re thinking of them and that you care.
Check out this gift guide and use these gift ideas to find the perfect present for that special Harley rider in your life.
This insulated lunch box is perfect for carrying your lunch. It’s all black with the Harley logo prominently on the front. Included are a short handle and long shoulder strap. It measures 8.3 by 5.9 by 9.5 inches.
This lunch box is water-resistant and insulated to keep your items cold. It fits perfectly into Harley’s saddlebags. The construction of the lunch box is high-quality and durable.
The size of the lunch box is quite small, and you may struggle to fit your entire lunch in it. It will only keep your food cold for a few hours.
Harley produces this carbon fiber and metal keychain. The inlay is 3M carbon fiber. The keychain measures 1.25 x 4.38 inches. The keychain features a metal ring, carbon fiber tag featuring the bar and shield logo, and a carabiner clip.
The keychain is nicely-sized and has a beautiful shiny finish. The keychain feels light so that it won’t weigh you down.
The clip isn’t very strong, and the spring in it tends to fail quickly. The finish can scratch easily.
This 100 percent nylon rain suit protects riders when riding in inclement weather. The jacket is 100 percent waterproof. It comes in two pieces: a jacket and pants. The suit is black with orange trim and “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” printed across the back shoulders.
There are fine details that make wearing this rain gear more pleasant. There are heat-resistant shields on the lower legs. Your visibility is increased thanks to 3M Scotchlite reflective piping and graphics on the top and bottom.
This suit can get quite hot due to a lack of venting. It also doesn’t have pockets or zipper access to the pockets in your clothes under the jacket.
Why Trust Us
Our reviews are driven by a combination of hands-on testing, expert input, “wisdom of the crowd” assessments from actual buyers, and our own expertise. We always aim to offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Harley-Davidson Gift Ideas
- High-quality. You can trust that the gift you buy is high-quality when you buy a Harley branded item. They rarely produce products of low quality.
- Personal. If you know the rider in your life has a Harley, then you can get them something personal and meaningful. Show that you care by not just buying a generic biker gift and instead buy something that celebrates the brand.
- Value. When you buy a Harley product, you’re getting value for your investment. Depending on what you buy, it can also retain its value long-term. Eventually, it may even become a collector’s item.
Types of Harley-Davidson Gift Ideas
Harley produces an entire line of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing. You could create an entire wardrobe of Harley clothing, from socks and underwear to pants, shorts, shirts, and dresses. You could even buy a set of pajamas. Then there are the classic dealer T-shirts that feature a colorful, bold design and the dealership branding.
You can get all of your riding gear with Harley branding on it. This includes helmets, jackets, gloves, and boots. Their gear features heavy leather to be protective in the event of a fall. There are also features that make the gear comfortable to wear, such as venting, lacing, and removable liners.
There are many products that aren’t specifically bike-related that you can get with a Harley theme. These items are meant for use in the home, such as bar stools, dart boards, drinkware, flatware, and decor. These items enable Harley enthusiasts to show their pride and passion for the brand in their home.
Bike Accessories and Parts
These are the small accessories and parts that people buy to outfit their bikes. Some of them help people create a custom look to their bikes. Other parts help boost the performance of the bike. They are tougher to buy since they tend to be model specific when it comes to compatibility.
Founded in Wisconsin in 1903, Harley-Davidson is one of the most recognizable motorcycle brands worldwide. It’s not just a motorcycle anymore; it’s a lifestyle brand. The company produces almost anything and everything you can think of with the Harley logo on it. Check out these Harley-Davidson Men's Black Waterproof Motorcycle Boots as a quality piece of riding gear.
Founded in 1901, Meguiar’s began by producing furniture polish. The company has since grown to be a world leader in automotive care products. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, they ship their products all over the world. Check out the Meguiar's Motorcycle Care Kit and give your Harley rider the perfect kit to care for their bike.
Founded in 1996, the Frogg Togg brand is trusted to bring you the highest quality rainwear, waders, and footwear. The company’s goal is to keep its customer's comfortable while out in the elements. Check out this Frogg Toggs Bull Frogg Waterproof Rain Jacket and keep your favorite rider dry.
Harley Davidson Gifts Ideas Pricing
- Under $20: You’ll find small trinkets in this price range, such as keychains, pens, decals, or dealer-branded T-shirts.
- $20 to $75: You’ll find a lot of clothing in this price range. You’ll also find some smaller bike parts, hats, and bike care products.
- $75 to $125: Boots and helmets start to become an option at this price range. You’ll also find some high-end clothing. There are also a lot of bike parts available.
- Over $125: Most larger bike parts, leather jackets, and riding gear fall into this category.
Look for gifts that have multiple functions or can be used in a wide variety of situations. This will mean your gift will get used more often. There are several products, like a lunch box, that can be used both while riding and not when on the bike. This lets your Harley enthusiasts show their moto pride both on and off the bike.
Riding a motorcycle is a tough activity and a rider’s gear can take a beating. The gear, clothing, and accessories you buy need to be made of high-quality materials with strong construction. This will ensure your gift is durable and will last for many years to come. Buy an authentic Harley product to ensure your gift is high-quality.
Make sure the gift you buy is compatible with the recipient. If you buy parts or accessories for the bike, then confirm they’re compatible with the bike. If you buy clothing or gear, they need to be compatible with the rider. Check the sizing and make sure you get the correct fit for the rider.
- Price. Official Harley-Davidson branded items can be quite expensive. You’re paying for both the brand and the high quality. Plan your budget before you start shopping so you can narrow down your choices quickly. Harley offers a wide range of products and has something for whatever your budget might be.
- Location: If you need a last-minute gift, then head to your local Harley dealership. You’ll be able to find a selection of products that includes clothing, home products, and bike accessories. If you have more time and can wait for shipping, then you can look online and browse a broader selection of products.
- Style: While the Harley brand exudes a certain kind of style, there’s a wide variation in the styling of the products. Some items have more sparkle, rhinestones, and flair than others. You may end up choosing between a flat black or chrome finish. Consider your Harley rider’s personal style when buying their gift.
Best Harley Davidson Gifts Ideas Reviews & Recommendations 2020
- Avoid bike-specific gifts, unless you’re positive you know the model and year of their bike. It’s best to avoid the risk of buying something that won’t work on their exact bike.
- Look for a gift that will help the Harley lover in your life show their passion for the motorcycle manufacturer. This includes everything from garden gnomes to the perfect man cave neon clock.
- When buying riding gear, consider the climate where your favorite motorcyclist rides. T-shirts are a great gift for warm weather, while a leather jacket or hoodie is a perfect gift for colder climates.
Q: How do I know what gear to buy?
A: Take a look at the rider’s gear and see if it’s looking worn out, there’s loose stitching or tears in the fabric. These are signs that it’s time to replace it. Another good idea is to straight out ask the rider if they’re looking at any new gear. Most riders have a good idea of what they want.
Q: Do all Harley riders want home goods?
A: No, not all Harley riders want to outfit their entire home in Harley gear. Take a look around your Harley rider’s home and take note of whether or not they have any Harley items decorating their home. If they do, then odds are they will like this type of gift.
Q: Do I have to buy a Harley-branded item?
A: No, you don’t. The reason you buy Harley is for the quality and style. But there are many high-quality brands that offer the same products and parts at a lower price point. Some companies specialize in one particular type of product. This enables them to create a better performing product.
Our overall best pick is the Picnic Time Harley-Davidson Insulated Lunch Tote because it can be used both while riding and not riding.
For a gift on a budget, the Harley-Davidson Bar & Shield Carbon Fiber Vinyl Inlay Key Chain is the perfect accent to a rider’s keys.