The Hyundai Elantra Sport and Matt LeBlanc’s New Focus RS: The Evening Rush
Plus, huge discounts on Marmot jackets and waterproof backpacks from Overboard.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
In addition to debuting the 110-mile EV called the Ioniq this fall, Hyundai is planning to launch a 250-mile EV by 2020. Overall, Hyundai, Kia and Genesis intend to introduce 10 hybrids by 2020.
Soon-to-be sole Top Gear host Matt LeBlanc has recently purchased a Ford Focus RS. Although he's driven countless exotics, the newly-famed host put his own money towards the Blue Oval hatchback—a huge hit among automotive journalist, including Matt Farah.
According to reports, the Hyundai Elantra Sport produces 200hp from a 1.6L four-cylinder coupled to a 6-speed manual transmission. In addition, the 2017 Elantra Sport will have some race-inspired leather stitching.
Take worrying about wet belongings out of the equation with the Overboard Waterproof Classic Backpack. With padded straps and a rollup design, this backpack is 100% waterproof and comfortable enough to take on day-long excursions.
Leaving the house without a phone charger can be anxiety-producing. Still, no one wants to carry a bulky, external charger around. Now a company called inCharge has come out with a 1.5” keychain charger that you can easily plug into an USB port.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Tyranena Brewing Company in Lake Mills, Wisconsin. Founded in 1998, Tyranena has grown into a well-established brewery capable of pumping out 45,000 barrels. Dominating the Porter game, Tyranena has found themselves frequenting the 90s ratings on Beer Advocate. If you are able to, we recommend you try Devil Over A Barrel.
If you are in the market for a lightweight jacket to get you through those crisper days of August or September then head over to Steep & Cheap and pick up a Marmot Leadville Softshell for 55% off. This breathable, water-repellent is perfect for a last minute New England mountain ascent.
- RELATEDAston Martin Gives Us the Scoop on its AM-RB 001 HypercarFor one thing, it presages a mid-engined Aston production car.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Jersey Man Arrested After $115,000 in Toll EvasionsHe committed more than 850 violations in two years.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat's Next for Mazda, The Everyman's Enthusiast BrandA revealing lunch with Masahiro Moro, the new CEO of Mazda North America, outlines the brand's future plans.READ NOW
- RELATEDTop Gear’s Matt LeBlanc Bought a Ford Focus RSIt’ll be his daily driver. Or perhaps, daily drifter.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Is the Worst Ferrari Ever Made?Bow to the comprehensive hideousness of the Ferrari 348.READ NOW