'Drive Toward a Cure Day' for Parkinson's at NCM Motorsports Park
April is Parkinson's Awareness Month and what better way to get involved than a full day of touring laps.
The National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky is holding a Drive Toward a Cure day on April 2. The event is for Parkinson’s disease and the timing lines up with Parkinson's Awareness Month, which is April.
This is an event intended for touring laps which means participants won’t be trying to break any lap records, rather, enjoy a cruise around a 3.2-mile course at above highway speeds if desired. Touring laps are not limited to Corvettes, all marques are welcome and NCM Motorsports Park is encouraging convertibles to participate since they’re usually excluded from track events. The event is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with no helmets necessary.
“We’ve been creating opportunities for car aficionados to enjoy their vehicles while raising awareness and funds for Parkinson’s since 2016,” said Deb Pollack, founder of Drive Toward a Cure in a press release. “And while teaming with the NCM Motorsports Park allows drivers to go one step further in pushing their own enthusiasm to the limits on track, it also provides us an expanded audience whom we can inspire to help find a cure.”
Limited walk-in space will be available, but NCM Motorsports Park recommends reserving your spot if you want to participate in Drive Toward a Cure Day. The entry fee is $125 with a $50 portion of every entry supporting Parkinson’s disease research and patient care. As a bonus, all registrants will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of Piloti Corvette C7 driving shoes that normally retail for $145.
To learn more about Drive Toward a Cure, it’s upcoming events, or to make a donation, check out the website.
- RELATEDRegistration Now Open for 2018 Drive Toward a Cure EventSpots are very limited for the signature non-profit event that raises money for Parkinson’s Disease.READ NOW
- RELATEDNational Corvette Museum to Host 24 Hours of Le Mans Viewing PartyThe mecca for Corvette fans around the world will feature an uninterrupted race feed.READ NOW
- RELATEDRestored 1962 Corvette Will Be Unveiled on Fourth Anniversary of Corvette Museum SinkholeRestoration of all three savable Corvettes from the infamous sinkhole is now complete.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 773,000-Mile C5 Chevrolet Corvette Now Has a Place in the Corvette MuseumIs this the highest-mileage Corvette in the world?READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Get a Screaming Deal on a New Chevrolet Corvette Right NowHow's a $15,000 discount sound?READ NOW