Ford Focus RS Put to Work as Chase Vehicle for the Tour de France
That is a lot of power for trailing a few bicyclists.
When picking out a vehicle to act as a chase vehicle in theTour de Franceone needs to consider agility, speed and size. Volvo wagons have always been a fan favorite but the new Ford Focus RS may be a worthy contender with a 350 horsepower 2.3-liter EcoBoost V6 under the hood.
With this in mind, Ford has continued its partnership with Team Sky this year and has outfitted a Focus RS to act as a chase vehicle for the team. According to Ford, the Focus RS they are using has a livery matching Team Sky as well as a heavy duty roof rack designed to hold up to 772 pounds. The Ford Focus RS will also be used to carry tools, team members, food and any other supplies needed to keep Team Sky in the race.
Ford has also provided Team Sky staff with a Ford S-Max, Edge and Transit.
- RELATED2018 Ford Focus RS Will Reportedly Cost $5,000 More Than Last Year's ModelBut the 13 percent price hike comes with many features to offset the cost.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Will Stop Building the Focus for the US for About a YearFord's compact is taking a year off as its production moves to China.READ NOW
- RELATEDTop 5 Affordable Beginner DronesEverybody wants a drone, but for most novice enthusiasts, affordability is still the biggest issue. To help those of you on the fence, here's a list of the five best entry-level drones available.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Ford Edge Create a Path of DestructionIt is unclear what started this impromptu Fort Worth demolition derby.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4×4 Finds a Sweet SpotFord's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 finally meets a 10-speed transmission.READ NOW