Nissan Debuts Custom Off-Road-Ready Titan XD Pro-4X
Called "Project Basecamp," this heavily modified Titan will debut at Overland Expo 2017 West.
Chevrolet and Ford have really been bringing the heat with factory ready off-roaders. Between the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 and the Ford F-150 Raptor, the big two are giving customers the option to take their truck on serious off-road adventures. Although the Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X is plenty rugged, its doesn't have the same go-anywhere capabilities as the two previously mentioned models.
So in an attempt to showcase the Nissan Titan XD's versatility, Nissan built the "Project Basecamp" Titan XD Pro-4X. Already equipped with the 5.0-liter Cummins V8 found in the XD, the project truck has plenty of low-end torque to crawl over the big stuff.
The Titan XD is the first diesel truck Nissan has ever produced, and even though 310 horsepower and 555 lb-ft of torque aren't the most powerful numbers in the pickup market, it is plenty to get the job done.
Instead of just slapping on a vinyl wrap and a light bar, Nissan truly overhauled this Titan XD Pro-4X into a beastly contraption. They installed a 3-inch lift, 35/12.50/17 tires, 17 inch beadlock aluminum-alloy wheels, off-road front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, light bar and winch to start. Nissan then made the truck camping-ready with a Leitner Designs Overland bed cage, a Rhino Rack Pioneer rack, a Foxwing awning, a CVT Tents Mt. Rainier Stargazer, and much more. All in all, the truck is ready to spend extended periods of time on the trail without an issue.
North America Trucks and Light Commercial Vehicles of Nissan North America, Inc. division vice president and general manager Fred Diaz said, "We're using the Project Basecamp to showcase the Titan XD Pro-4X model's potential as the perfect platform for truck owners thinking of taking their adventures to the next level."
- RELATEDNissan Has a New Strategy to Sell the Titan PickupNissan is targeting four US cities in their fight against the Ford F-150 et al.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve Was Born to Terrorize the Tony CountrysideBig, loud, lavish—and so very thirsty.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Nissan Titan V8 4×4 Can Handle Pretty Much Anything You Throw Its WayFrom parking lots to treacherous trails.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Releases Final Video of the Colorado ZR2's Rock Crawling TestsNeedless to say, Chevy is very confident in the truck's capabilities.READ NOW
- RELATEDTake a Deep Dive Into the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor's Off-Road CapabilitiesThose are a lot of numbers you got there.READ NOW