Honda Civic Type R Starting at $40,107 in the UK, Available in July
The swankier GT model will demand £2,000 more. Dealer markups unconfirmed at this time.
Honda UK has announced pricing and release information on the eagerly-anticipated Civic Type R today. The fastest front-wheel-drive production car around the Nurburgring will cost British buyers at least £30,995 (which translates to precisely $40,107 at today's exchange rates). Following a two-model system supposedly coming to other markets in the Type R's second model year, UK Honda fans have the option of a more well-equipped GT model that brings the MSRP to £32,995 (aka $42,692). The Civic Type R GT comes with a slew of mainly electronic and convenience goodies such as "blind spot information including cross traffic monitor, dual zone climate control, auto dimming rear view mirror, Honda CONNECT with Garmin Navigation, wireless charging, high power audio, and LED front fog lights." Both models come exclusive with a six-speed manual with a rev match control system.
In the UK at least, Honda's hottest Civic undercuts the Subaru WRX STI by just £1,000 and has a list price £2,000 more than that of the Ford Focus RS. However, I challenge anyone to actually find a Focus RS for sale at list price. Hopefully Honda dealers steer clear from the frankly ridiculous practice of marking up cars they know people really want, for all of our sakes.
The Honda Civic Type R hits UK dealerships this July.
- RELATEDA Cheaper, Lighter Honda Civic Type R Might Be a Thing in 2018Paying less money for less equipment: Are you taking notes, Porsche?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Honda Civic Type R Breaks the FWD Nurburgring RecordAt 7:43.80, America's first Honda Civic Type R is now your front-wheel-drive King of the 'Ring.READ NOW
- RELATEDHonda Civic Type R's Exhaust Note Is Perfectly RaspyIt almost makes you wonder if it's hiding an extra few cylinders somewhere.READ NOW
- RELATEDProduction-Spec Honda Civic Type R Spotted on California HighwayHonda's 306-horsepower hot hatch has reached American shores at long last.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This EK9 Civic Type R And DC2 Integra Type R BattleWhile the 2017 Civic Type R arrives this year, let's take a look back to where it all began.READ NOW