Getting Dirty with the Gotham City Land Cruiser Club
Rusty, greasy project truck hell can be disheartening, but these Land Cruiser maniacs remind us what's so great about these indomitable off-roaders.
Casting off the chains of greasy drudgery, Preston the Wrench steps towards the light, meeting with the Gotham City Land Cruiser club. This tight-knit band of Land Cruiser aficionados serve as a reminder of why we started this project in the first place: because Land Cruisers are awesome trucks, designed to do awesome things with awesome people. That's a lot of awesome.
As The Build progresses, it will pay to think back on these happy moments, and what there is to look forward to when the project finally concludes. On that note, four-wheel drive engaged. To the beach!
- RELATEDThe Build's Essential Wrenchin’ ChecklistAll you need is some tools, some know-how—and maybe a buddy with a forklift.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build Video: Rusty RoadblocksThe Drive's Ben Preston encounters several rust-coated roadblocks en route to removing the project Landcruiser's old engine.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build Video: The Goddamn Transfer CaseRemoving the transfer case proves nearly impossible for The Drive's wrench swinger, Ben PrestonREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Build: Axle FollyEverything is f***ed. Yaaaay!READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build: Getting the Rust OutStaff writer Ben Keeshin gets up close and personal with oxidation.READ NOW