Watch the Upcoming Lamborghini Urus Drive Through the Snow
The Raging Bull shows it is bringing a fully capable crossover SUV into the fold.
It has been five years since Lamborghini first unveiled the Urus concept at the Beijing Auto Show. After a long wait, the world will finally see it in production form next month. In the weeks leading up to the reveal, Lamborghini is proving that there is more to this sleek SUV than just appearances. Last week, the Italian carmaker previewed one of several driving modes, Sabbia, or as it is translated from Italian, Sand. This week, the all-wheel-drive vehicle tackles the white stuff with Neve, or Snow mode.
With the Neve driving mode enabled, it handles with ease "delivering outstanding control at high speed," according to the company. The camouflaged Urus can be seen driving down snow-covered roads as if there were as dry as on a hot summer's day. Unlike its cousins, the Audi Q7, Bentley Bentayga, and Porsche Cayenne, the Urus will have a unique powertrain. Rather than being driven by a naturally-aspirated V-12 or V-10, Lamborghini will place a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 under the hood. The engine is expected to produce a modest 650 horsepower—more than the range-topping Huracan Performante.
Lamborghini is putting a lot of resources behind this car, having built an entire factory just for the super SUV. Only when it goes on sale next year will the auto manufacturer see if its investment pays off. Until then, which driving mode would you like Lamborghini to demonstrate next?
- RELATEDLamborghini Built a Whole Factory for the Urus SUVThe high-end people-hauler is expected to double the company's production to 7,000 vehicles annually.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Lamborghini Urus SUV Will Have a Dedicated Off-Road Mode for Sand DunesFor those who dare to take their Lambo off road.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Teases Urus Ahead of December RevealThe Italian automaker is calling the Urus the world's first super sport utility vehicle.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Urus Will Make More Power Than the Hottest HuracanThe twin turbo V-8 is slated to produce 650 horsepower in production spec.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Urus Spotted Testing in Disguise at the NurburgringIs a four-door crossover the right move for Lamborghini?READ NOW