Watch Travis Pastrana Set A Mt. Washington Climb to the Clouds Record
We honestly didn't think you could do anything this fast.
There is fast, there is crazy fast and then there is Travis Pastrana fast. In a recent video uploaded by Subaru we get a first-hand look at how fast Travis truly goes when flying up the Mount Washington Auto Road. Consisting of hundreds of near-misses and tires kissing the edge of the road, Travis manages to never lose control of his 600+ horsepower Subaru WRX STI.
Unfortunately, that was not the case for Subaru teammate David Higgins as he misjudged a turn a little more than halfway up the mountain and went over the edge. Luckily, Higgin did not sustain any injury and was in good spirits after the crash. With the Subaru title on Travis's shoulders, he set out to break the hill climb record. Initially starting a little slower than Higgins, Pastrana had some ground to make up on the second half. Eventually, Travis put things into overdrive and rocketed past Higgins' times.
As you can see from the aerial view, there were a couple of hairy areas, but Pastrana managed to stay on course and fly past the finish line with an insane time of 5.44.72, over 24 seconds quicker than the previous record. This should give ol' Travis a few years to breath before he has to strap rockets to the back of his Subaru.
- RELATEDWatch Travis Pastrana Smash the Mt. Washington Hillclimb RecordTake a ride along with the fastest run ever up Mount Washington.READ NOW
- RELATEDTravis Pastrana Is Selling Motocross UnderwearHere's something you never knew you needed.READ NOW
- RELATEDTravis Pastrana Is Still a Hero“I can backflip anything.” Makes for a hell of a dare.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins Dramatic Mt. Washington CrashThe former record holder hit a rock that spun him over the side of the road.READ NOW
- RELATEDTaking a Ride with Mark Higgins on the Isle of ManRyan packs his bags and goes on the ultimate ride-and-drive for a fan of tarmac rally. And Subarus.READ NOW