Watch Kate Upton Ride Along a Lap of Montreal's Formula E Track in a BMW i8
"Definitely go as fast as you can go," Upton said.
Kate Upton paid a visit to the Formula E race in Montreal last weekend where she had the opportunity to go for a spirited drive around the circuit in a BMW i8 safety car, the Bavarian automaker being the series' official automaker, and all. With Formula E CEO Alejandro Agag at the wheel, needless to say, she was shown a good time.
Judging by the exclamations of "Yes!!" and "Definitely go as fast as you can go," it sounds like the SI Swimsuit cover model is a fan of the BMW i8—its 420 pound-feet of instantaneous torque and electrified high-speed thrills in general.
For posterity, here's a shot of Kate posing with one of the electric-powered racers.
It's nice to see celebrities—especially ones who seem to be as unaffiliated with the car world as Upton—taking an interested in racing. And it's even more nice to see them actually enjoying themselves while doing so.
- RELATEDBMW Joins Formula E as Official ManufacturerThe automaker will use Formula E as a testing ground for future electric tech.READ NOW
- RELATEDWith Porsche Moving in, Is it Time to Take Formula E Seriously?The heart says no but the brain—and some of racing's biggest brand names—say yes.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the New BMW i8 Roadster TeaserAnd listen to the Eurobeat intensify...READ NOW
- RELATEDHere are 4 Things I Learned Driving a BMW i8 Last WeekendAccept them, and you won’t miss the Aventador—much.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatching This Snowy Slow-Motion Accident in Montreal Is Oddly SoothingA reminder of the gentle futility that is life.READ NOW