Watch The Trailer For Amazon's New Series Highlighting the 24 Hours of Le Mans
The historic race gets well-deserved cinematic attention.
Few other races provide as much legacy as the 24 Hours of Le Mans. With the first running of the event taking place in 1923, there have been historic spectacles that provide more thrills than potentially any other race in motorsport. Between Audi's dominance, McLaren's innovation, and Toyota's consistency, each year brings us more to look back on what may be the biggest event on any FIA calendar. Amazon has been compiling a series covering the race's significance, putting together the best stories with all of the big-name personalities involved. And if this trailer tells anything about the rest of the show, count us in.
Titled "Le Mans: Racing is Everything", the series harkens back on past years of the race and shows its place in motorsport today. As we're a little more than a month away from the 2017 24 Hours, this should be enough to get you excited for the June 17-18 event.
Legendary drivers show their faces in this trailer as well with unforgettable moments like the flipping Mercedes Benz CLK GTR opening up the footage. It seems to do a good job of showing the race's importance, and it's nice to see it finally getting some attention by a media giant like Amazon.
Watch the video here as we get the first glimpse at what's shaping up to be one of our favorite series. Along with The Grand Tour, this is definitely enough to justify me picking up an Amazon subscription.
- RELATED50th Anniversary Chevy Corvette 24 Hours of Le Mans Safety Car Going to AuctionAmazing thing is, this 'Vette is expected to only go for $25,000–$30,000.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Classic Film Documents McLaren's Pursuit of Perfection at Le MansHere's your dose of vintage motorsport.READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota WEC Team Resurrects Half-Destroyed Le Mans Car Mid-RaceAfter a massive crash sent driver José María López to the hospital as a precaution, the team pulled off a miracle.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The 2017 Toyota TS050 Le Mans Prototype Run at MonzaThe automaker is more serious about winning the series than ever before.READ NOW
- RELATEDLe Mans Series Testing at Night is BeautifulThere are flames and glowing brakes aplenty in this footage.READ NOW