Watch a 1000-HP, Turbo V-8-Powered Mitsubishi Evo Run an 8.9-Second Quarter Mile
This Evo VIII appears to have just one purpose alone—to annihilate drag times.
Strip a car, cage it, drop a turbocharged LS V-8 under the hood, and call it a day. Sometimes, when watching drag clips, it seems like those things are pretty much all owners have to do to create one hell of an impressive drag car. Though there are a couple other things that are also vital to making a car launch well, when watching drag videos—like the one below of the sub-9-second Mitsubishi Evo VII—everything just looks so easy and effortless.
If you follow the Facebook page for this car and its Polish builder, you'll see that this Evo VIII has recieved a ton of modifications (and continues to be developed) in order to push the car faster and faster down the drag strip in the quarter mile. Currently, it's powered by a turbocharged 5.3-liter LSx V-8 engine with an 88-mm turbo attached, which pushes power to all four wheels through a three-speed automatic transmission. Thanks to all of that, the car was able to manage to fire off an 8.973-second quarter mile at 153.21 miles per hour, according to Engine Swap Depot.
- RELATEDDrag Racer Clyde Scott Lost More Than Cars In Texas TornadoProMod drag racer Clyde Scott and his family suffered an unimaginable tragedy in the storms.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Guardrail Barely Save a Ford Fiesta RS Rally Car from Certain DoomIt's understandable if Thomasz Kasperczyk needs a new pair of shorts after this crash.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Focus RS Versus Shelby GT350 Mustang Drag Race Almost Too Close to CallThe Focus RS managed to hold the GT350 off at the line, but it couldn't quite keep that up all the way.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch The Rear Axle Implode On This Plymouth Belvedere Drag CarThat's not gone well.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Brand New Nissan GT-R Crash on Tail of the DragonThis GT-R owner bit off more than he could chew when the Dragon claimed his brand new car.READ NOW