Lexus Debuts an LC-Based Racecar and Tesla Makes Autopilot Interactive: The Evening Rush
Plus, the perfect fly-fishing kit and canned lattes from La Colombe.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Jumping your old Jeep Cherokee can be fun, but sending your truck 379 feet through the air is just insane. Red Bull’s Bryce Menzie jumped his trophy truck that distance over a ghost town outside San Diego, California.
Lexus has released images of their 2017 LC-based race car. The Lexus LC coupe provides the shell for the car, which will be competing in the Japanese touring series Super GT in 2017 season as the LC GT500. In order to follow race regulations, the LC GT500 will be powered by a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder.
Tesla is adjusting their Autopilot feature to force drivers to pull over and restart autopilot if the system notices they are not paying enough attention. After numerous verbal and display warnings, Tesla will deactivate the Autopilot system and will force drivers to pull over before they can reactivate it. One of the ways drivers can keep the system running is by frequently being in contact with the steering wheel.
Topo Designs and Tankara Rod Co have come together to create the ultimate fly rod kit. Capable of holding all your fly-fishing gear, this compact kit fits snuggly around your waste so all your flies, lines and clippers are within easy reach.
Coffee in a can is definitely a perk of the new cold brew trend. La Colombe has recently released a Triple Draft Latte that is portable, delicious and only $2.50.
Today’s beer pick cycles back to LIC Beer Project in Long Island City, New York. This young brewery has been self-distributing and making a name for itself since 2013. Do yourself a favor, go check out their awesome tap room before we feature them a third time.
I like flannels, you like flannels, Ron Swanson likes flannels, buy more flannels. Now that I got that exquisite poem out of the way, please go to Steep & Cheap’s website and check out their flannel sale.
- RELATEDThis Is How You Buy a $3M Bugatti HypercarYou don't just pop by a dealership and write a check.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhen the Woodward Dream Cruise Leads to a Pearl Jam ConcertA road trip in a $400,000 Rolls Royce Dawn ends spectacularly at the author's 50th PJ show.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolkswagen May Lower Car Prices in an Attempt to Win More SalesNew models—especially new electric cars—will also play a role in wooing customers.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 964-Generation Porsche 911 Nearly Crash at the NurburgringMissing the Armco by the skin of its teeth. (Y'know, if cars had teeth.)READ NOW
- RELATEDAn Exploding Truck Full of Takata Airbag Parts Killed a Woman in TexasThe blast completely obliterated the woman's home.READ NOW