Best Motorcycle Stands: Keep Your Bike Balanced When Not in Use
The most capable yet basic stands available today
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON October 8, 2019
Keeping a motorcycle upright when it's not in motion is tricky, but necessary when you want to store or work on the bike for long periods of time. Beyond the kickstand and dedicated motorcycle jack stands, a simple pair of bike stands can hold a motorcycle up for basic storage or maintenance. If you need to balance your bike in the garage, here are some of the best options to consider.
- Best OverallMOTO-D Swingarm Motorcycle StandsSummarySummaryA pair of aluminum motorcycle stands with a broad base that keeps the bike stable.ProsProsLarge list of compatible bikes. Wide base easily takes the weight of most modern bikes without shifting around. Good underside traction.ConsConsDesigned primarily for sports bikes.
- Best ValueVenom Sport Bike Motorcycle Front & Rear Combo Wheel Lift StandsSummarySummaryLightweight, light-duty motorcycle stands with built-in roller wheels to position around smooth surfaces.ProsProsGood fit for smaller and lighter weight bikes. Compatible with a number of the different bike makes and models.ConsConsFront stand can be difficult to use when setting up the fork. Both stands tend to slip around on smooth surfaces.
- Honorable MentionYITAMOTOR Universal Sport Bike Motorcycle Front & Rear ComboSummarySummaryA great budget-friendly option with adjustable design for accommodating most sport and regular motorcycles.ProsProsThin tubing is durable and easy to clean. The color resists fading in UV light when kept outside for long periods of time.ConsConsThe front stand design can be difficult to use with some fork designs.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
- The proper setup for balancing a motorcycle often requires support in the front and back. That's why we recommend motorcycle stand pairs that support the front and rear wheels.
- Be careful with the surface where you place your motorcycle stands. Without the proper traction, stands can slip around unexpectedly.
Q. What is the difference between a normal stand and jack stand?
A. Motorcycle jack stands are designed to balance the bike from a single point and lift it up, which is necessary for maintenance. Simple bike stands, however, just keep the bike balanced.
Q. Why would I need to put a motorcycle on a stand?
A. Stands are great for basic maintenance where you may want to balance the bike without using the kickstand or holding it up. They also come in handy for long term storage and don't want to sacrifice too much room in the garage.
One of the best heavy-duty motorcycle stands is also our top pick, the MOTO-D Swingarm Motorcycle Stands.
On the budget level, we recommend the equally capable Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Front & Rear Combo Wheel Lift Stands.