Watch This Maniac Run Over a Motorcycle-Riding Veteran on Memorial Day
And yes, of course it happened in Florida.
A Florida man has been taken into custody after ramming his car into and over a U.S. Navy veteran's motorcycle on Memorial Day, sending the vet and his passenger flying onto the pavement and coming within inches of inflicting serious harm.
The whole incident was captured on camera by a man named Abe Garcia, who began filming after seeing the driver of the silver Pontiac harassing the bikers on Florida's U.S. 41 near Tampa, as the motorcyclists were returning from a Memorial Day ride for veterans. When the bikers caught back up to the Pontiac, the car's driver responded by slamming his vehicle right over the motorcycle of Navy vet Joe Calderazzo before speeding off.
"I thought the guy was trying to kill us, obviously," Calderazzo told WTSP 10 News over the phone on his way to the hospital. "Is he going to put the car in reverse? Is he going to turn around? Is he going to stop and pull out a gun? You don't know what's going on."
Luckily, neither Calderazzo nor his passenger suffered life-threatening injuries in the vehicular assault.
The irredeemable dickhead behind the wheel has been identified by police as 31-year-old Robert Paul Vance of Land O' Lakes, Florida. According to WTSP, Vance, who has been charged with aggravated battery, hit-and-run, and a moving violation, has a lengthy criminal history—including a previous hit-and-run.
- RELATEDA Rally Driving Crash-Course at Team O'NeilGolden State native Chris Cantle makes friends with the snow and slush in New Hampshire.READ NOW
- RELATEDCrash Diary: 2004 Lamborghini MurcielagoCan friendship survive busting another man’s supercar?READ NOW
- RELATEDFacebook-Shamed Florida Police Chief Writes Himself a Parking TicketThe law can be brought to heel. Through Facebook shaming.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida, of All Places, And of All Florida, The KeysBike week, spring break, and no room at the inn.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlorida Man Arrested for Pitching Alligator Into Drive-Thru WindowBecause Florida.READ NOW