Apple Invests In China’s Uber Competitor and The Ford GT Applications Are Pouring In: The Evening Rush
Plus, play it smart with DrinkMate and pick up a pair of shorts for 45% off
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Apple has invested $1 Billion in Uber’s China competitor, Didi Chuxing. This is particularly interesting because it is Apple’s first (real) move into the (actual) transportation sector.
Spy shots of the 2018 Audi A8 have leaked and the luxury sedan is definitely getting a facelift. Even with heavy camo, you can tell the front end has had some cosmetic surgery. Although we don’t know a lot about the performance end of the new Audi, definitely expect to see a hybrid version making an appearance.
Ford has received a whopping 6,506 video applications for the Ford GT and, man, are some of these shameless. As you might already know, the Ford GT is not being sold to just anyone; a thorough application process is part of the privilege. Do us a favor: if you're going to make a application video, send it to us as well.
Fender is now making ultra low-profile in-ear monitors so you can ensure all your jams are perfect. With crystal clear audio and the ability to accurately cover a wide range of sound, these buds are definitely worth your money.
Going out for a drink with your buds can be cool, but drinking and driving is lame as hell. Don’t risk endangering yourself and others: purchase DrinkMate, a 2-inch breathalyzer that you can take with you anywhere.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Stoneface Brewing Company in Newington, New Hampshire. Founded in 2014, this young brewery has made leaps and bounds and can now be found in select locations throughout the northeast. Regardless of the beer, if you see it is from Stoneface, we highly recommend you pick it up.
If you are planning on getting into beach-worthy shape, you should probably get a few pairs of athletic shorts. Rather than paying a ton of money for shorts you are going to inevitably destroy, consider purchasing a pair of these Under Armour shorts, currently 45% off.
- RELATEDTesting Fate and Faultlines with the 416-hp Mercedes G500 4x4 SquaredThe San Andreas fault is a gun waiting to go off. We spent a weekend tickling the trigger.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Fiat 124 Spider Will Give You a Boner, According to Fiat AdLiterally. That is literally the crux of Fiat's new commercial.READ NOW
- RELATEDGerman Police Hate Driving the BMW 3 SeriesCops complain Bimmer's 318d wagon is “completely unsuitable for patrol duty.”READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota 86 Mastermind Says Next Generation Will Go “Beyond Expectations”Expect it to be lighter. Beyond that? We'll have to wait and see.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build: Axle Roseth from the DeadAll men must die. But axles? They can come back.READ NOW