The Inkas Sentry Civilian Is a Ford F-550 Armored SWAT Truck for Rich Families
Want to make your presence known at the school drop-off line? Drop $350,000 on one of these.
Is there someone on the school drop-off line you're beefin' with? Inkas might have a solution to your problem: the 2020 Sentry Civilian. The Canadian vehicle outfitter just revealed a family-friendly, and supposedly daily-drivable version of its Sentry armored truck that's usually reserved for SWAT teams.
Based on the same platform as the Ford F-550, the Inkas Sentry Civilian adds layers of bullet-resistant glass and body armor to the heavy-duty platform. To handle all that extra weight, Inkas up-rates the suspension, brakes, electrical system, and other components.
Of course, keeping the youngins safe is a big reason why a family might consider a SWAT-rated vehicle. That's where the up-armored goodies come in. The armor body panels are rated up to a CEN 1063 BR6, meaning it can withstand a 7.62mm rifle round, or two DM51 hand-grenades. In case of ambush on the way to work or school, the package includes separate protection for the truck’s battery and central electronic control module, as well as run-flat bulletproof tires that can handle an off-road escape route.
Under the hood is a 6.7-liter Power Stroke turbodiesel V-8, paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission, producing 330 horsepower and 750 pound-feet of torque.
“At Inkas, we love to innovate, we love to create something that fills a niche, that satisfies a need—whether it’s a civilian vehicle or a full-scale armored personnel carrier,” Inkas CEO David Khazanski said in a statement. “We are confident that the updated design and new interior features will not disappoint the civilian market.”
Optional features include high-end entertainment systems for the massive cabin, 360-degree cameras, an advanced air purifier—you know, in case your enemies have chemical weapons—and even massaging seats wrapped in the finest leather available.
And then there's the price: $350,000 to start. It's a lot, but that's the price to pay for peace of mind in a dangerous world. Just one reminder; save enough coin to fill its 40-gallon tank.
- RELATEDArmored Volvo XC90 Rocks Tank-Like Bulletproofing and $570,000 Price TagThe nearly 10,000-pound SUV can withstand a TNT explosion from six feet away and lots and lots of bullets.READ NOW
- RELATED760-HP, Bulletproof Audi RS7 Is the Fastest Armored Car in the WorldIt may not be faster than a speeding bullet, but it can surely take a hit from one.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's How North Korea Got Kim Jong Un His New Armored S600 Mercedes Maybach LimosA new and highly detailed report shows how the regime in Pyongyang shipped the contraband cars through four different countries to evade sanctions.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis $350,000 Armored Cadillac Escalade Has Gun Ports, Electric-Shock Doors, Smokescreen SystemsTwo-inch-thick ballistic glass, counter-attack sound cannon, night vision, and an anti-jamming satellite system make this Escalade a rolling vault.READ NOW
- RELATEDFender Bender Russian Style Leaves Four Cars Smashed Between Two BTR-80 Armored VehiclesThis is why everyone in the country has a dash cam.READ NOW