This Huge Crash Is the Reason Why 'Pass With Care' Signs Exist on Two-Lane Country Roads
Despite rolling over in spectacular fashion, the Jeep driver narrowly avoided a deadly head-on collision.
Two-lane bidirectional roads in rural areas can be quite frustrating, particularly if you’re stuck behind someone traveling below the speed limit or driving erratically. Depending on the geography or layout of the road, passing can be relatively simple and straight forward, but other times it can be a sketchy ordeal. If it's the latter, it's best to remain patient and wait for the best overtaking opportunity, or simply take a deep breath and ride things out until an intersection or passing zone comes along. Unfortunately, patience isn't a common virtue, and performing a careless or rushed pass on a two-lane country road can end in catastrophe, as the driver of a white Jeep Liberty recently found out.
A video uploaded to Facebook by Rob Menczywor shows him en route to his son's soccer practice on a two-lane, unpaved country road. Like any other trip to his son's practice, Menczywor was just cruising along with his dashcam recording and minding his own business. Suddenly, a fellow and impatient motorist in a Ford F-150 pickup truck overtook him on a straight stretch. While somewhat abrupt, nothing but a "what the hell?" resulted from it.
However, a first-gen Jeep Liberty following the F-150 suffered the consequences of being impatient and ignoring the "Pass With Care" road sign seen at the beginning of the video. After the Jeep passed Menczywor, the driver overcorrected when they saw the oncoming Tahoe, screwed up the maneuver, and ultimately lost control of the vehicle. As a result of his actions, the Liberty ended up fishtailing out of control and darting into someone's front yard before barrel-rolling and landing right side up.
Naturally, Menczywor pulled over to see if the Jeep driver was ok, but only before voicing how “not smart” the move was on the Liberty driver’s part.
- RELATEDDash Cam Captures Horrifying Moment When Drugged-Up Jeep Driver Crashes Into NYC Uber Head-OnThe Jeep driver, who was under the influence of marijuana and cocaine, pointed his phone at the police as if it were a gun.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Plane Crash Into a Roadside Ditch Via Lucky Driver's DashcamThe Cirrus SR20 was being piloted by a flight instructor at the time.READ NOW
- RELATEDDashcam Footage of a Subaru WRX's Head-On Collision With a Nissan Is TerrifyingOne minute, the Subaru was cruising down Australia's Pacific Highway; the next, a Nissan was rocketing towards it.READ NOW
- RELATEDHeart-Stopping Dashcam Video Shows a Ram 2500 Driving the Wrong Way on an InterstateA massive pickup comes into frame and smashes into the unsuspecting Hyundai Sonata.READ NOW
- RELATEDBest Front/Rear Dash Cams: Expand Your View With These Top CamerasIncrease your situational awareness with a quality dash camREAD NOW