Woman Nearly Killed by Light Pole in Freak Accident That Skewered GMC Sierra Pickup Truck
Somehow, the driver avoided being impaled when the pole pierced the truck's windshield "inches" from her head.
A Milwaukee, Wisconsin woman had a Final Destination-like experience on Wednesday when a streetside light pole fell directly on her pickup truck, skewering the vehicle and somehow missing her head despite being just "inches" away.
"Inches, literally inches from fatality. The pole is inches from her head."
"It was loud," the man continued. "You could hear the tires screeching."
He was reportedly working nearby when he was alarmed by the noise and saw the initially horrific aftermath of the crash.
"The pole came down. Nobody knows how, but it flipped right down into her coming out of the ground, into the car," recounted Matthew.
The wreck was initiated when an RV, which had reportedly lost its brakes, hit the woman's GMC Sierra from behind. This sent her truck into the bottom of the light pole, causing it to crumple and aim directly down like some kind of supersized spear.
Stunningly, no injuries were reported and, per the witness, the driver walked away and "didn't need nobody's help."
Police closed down Capitol Street, where it all occurred, for two hours on Wednesday. The RV driver was subsequently ticketed for the collision that surely totaled the GMC pickup.
This isn't the only freak accident of the past week, either. A drunk Subaru WRX driver collided with another car in a residential Utah neighborhood, causing the former's engine and transmission to fly out—in one piece. The Subaru's powertrain landed in a nearby homeowner's yard who explained the high-speed crash to The Drive on Thursday.
- RELATED2019 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 Review: A Nice Pickup Truck, Sure—But Not $68,000 NiceThe fancy GMC pickup has what it takes to score, on paper. But when it comes to luxury-truck value, other carmakers have already moved the goal posts.READ NOW
- RELATEDDash Cam Shows Teen Driver Survive Final Destination Head-On Crash With Semi-TruckA nightmare scenario.READ NOW
- RELATEDHigh-Speed Crash Launches Whole Subaru WRX Engine and Transmission Into Nearby YardYet another case of why you should keep your hooning shenanigans on the racetrack and off public roads.READ NOW
- RELATEDPhoto Gallery: Aftermath of Subaru WRX High-Speed Crash That Launched Engine, Debris Into HomesA person who lives on the street where the crash took place confirmed the driver was drunk—and shared many photographs with us.READ NOW
- RELATEDSpoiled Brat Steals Dad's Aston Martin Rapide, Rolls it, Blames ADHD for Violent CrashMaking matters even worse, the Aston was actually dad's rental, and it was due back that same day. Oops.READ NOW