Dubai’s World Drone Prix Looks Cooler Than You Thought
Massive aerial race courses threaded with neon light? Oh, hell yes.
Oh, World Drone Prix, you had us at "hello." By which we mean, you had us at that video of a McLaren 650S Spider racing a quadcopter through Dubai at night. We were going to watch your drone races anyway. You didn't have to then turn around and release a new video showing the elaborate racecourse and freakishly green grass of your desert racing paradise.
Qualifying for the Drone Grand Prix kicked off on March 8 and continued through March 9, with the races taking place over the 12 and 13th. Sure enough, the Drone Grand Prix organizers released a concise highlight reel from each of the first qualifying days. Worth a watch.
- RELATEDIs the Drone Racing League For Real?We go behind-the-scenes at the DRL’s inaugural race in Miami.READ NOW
- RELATEDDARPA's New Drone Concept Has 24 EnginesYet somehow, the VTOL X-Plane still looks cool.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Watch Drones Race and Crash at High SpeedsREAD NOW
- RELATEDGoPro Will Crush in the Drone MarketThat is, if they do what they already do best.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Drones Can Save Syrian Refugees (and Crumbling Highways)Scientists at Texas A&M are Saving Syrian Refugees—And Want to Save Our Crumbling InterstateREAD NOW