Acura Slashes Starting Price of Newly Redesigned 2019 ILX by $2,200
Even the range-topping A-Spec trim gets a $3,550 price drop.
In addition to a new look and more tech, Acura's entry-level sedan will also be getting a significant price drop. Starting at $25,900 before a destination charge, the 2019 ILX will be $2,200 cheaper than last year's model.
The refreshed ILX will also get an A-Spec trim which adds darker chrome trim, LED fog lights, a small spoiler, gray 18-inch wheels and will set you back $29,650. Opt for the top-of-the-line A-Spec with Technology Package, however, and buyers can expect a $31,550 bill—$3,550 less than what you would've paid previously, Acura notes.
"The critical mission of ILX is to bring new buyers into the brand, and our entire product and pricing strategy reflects that focus," said Acura vice president and general manager Jon Ikeda. "We believe that what we've done with ILX from a design and technology standpoint, together with aggressive pricing, will strengthen its position as our gateway sedan and as a segment leader in terms of attracting millennial buyers."
This being the ILX's second refresh, this car in its current general form has been around since 2012 and is based on the previous-generation Honda Civic. If nice-ish, compact Honda sedans are your bag, we couldn't help but think that a Civic Si might be the immensely better buy given its general greatness and $24,775 price tag. Then again, the Si doesn't come with leather or an automatic transmission, so there's that.
The 2019 Acura ILX will be powered by a 201-horsepower, 2.3-liter engine hooked up to an eight-speed dual-clutch gearbox. It will arrive in dealerships Oct. 10.
- RELATED2019 Acura ILX: New Look, More Goodies, Wants to PlayA refreshed face and a sleek A-Spec trim are in to please.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 21-Year-Old Acura Integra Type R Just Sold for $63,800 at Barrett Jackson Las VegasIs that too much money to pay for a four-cylinder, front-drive car? Maybe not in this case.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Acura ILX Is a Compact Car with Luxury DreamsThe best damn previous-generation Honda Civic money can buy.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Honda Civic New Dad Review: Sensible and Fun as Ever, Now With Better SeatsHonda's small Civic set the bar for efficient, entertaining transportation a long time ago. And it still delivers on that promise.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Acura NSX: Revised Chassis, High-Visibility Paint JobBefore you ask: No, the 2019 Acura NSX still does not have a volume knob.READ NOW