Tom Cruise Drives a 591-HP BMW M5 in Mission: Impossible – Fallout
The BMW R nineT Scrambler motorcycle and a 1986 BMW 5 Series Sedan also makes an appearance.
Ethan Hunt and company are back in the latest movie Mission: Impossible – Fallout and BMW Group has announced its role as the exclusive automotive partner of this next installment of the action film franchise. Audiences will be seeing a range of vehicles from the Bavarian brand in the motion picture like the near-600-horsepower BMW M5 in several action-packed scenes.
The BMW M5 movie car has been styled with parts from the BMW M Performance Parts such as a black kidney grille and carbon-fiber mirror caps. And with a 591 hp 4.4-liter V8 biturbo engine powering the super sedan, equipped with a newly-developed high-performance M xDrive all-wheel drive, the “BMW M5 makes sure that Cruise’s Ethan Hunt always has the best-possible traction and superior driving dynamics to keep him ahead of his enemies,” said the German manufacturer.
Also making an appearance will be the BMW R nineT Scrambler motorcycle, used for “daring [maneuvers] at rapid speed in a wild chase through Paris,“ and the now-vintage 1986 BMW 5 Series Sedan “in a high-octane scene.”
With a partnership that dates back to 2011, this is not the first time BMW vehicles have starred alongside Cruise in this action franchise. The revolutionary BMW i8 hybrid sports car debuted in the 2011 movie Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.
In 2015, “the BMW M3 pulled off one of the most spectacular backwards-driving stunts in film history" in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. It was followed by a heart-thumping high-speed chase involving Ethan Hunt on a BMW Motorrad S 1000 RR through the mountain roads outside Marrakech.
While you wait for the global opening of the Mission: Impossible – Fallout in cinemas, July 27, you can check out the official trailer and BMW's very own movie montage below.
- RELATEDBMW M5 Competition: Understated Presence, Upgraded PerformanceTweaks in every department set the M5 Competition apart from the base M5.READ NOW
- RELATEDHighlights From Twitter's Defense Community's Responses To Tom Cruise's Top Gun 2 TeaserTo say that anticipation, as well as concern, over a Top Gun sequel is high in defense circles would be a massive understatement.READ NOW
- RELATEDEdgy BMW Motorrad Concept 9cento Debuts at Concorso D’EleganzaThe concept brings insight into the future Adventure Sport modelREAD NOW
- RELATEDBMW R nineT Pure Review: Purposefully Basic, But With a Whole Bunch of CharmThe entry-level R nineT Pure lacks options, but has personality to spare.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW Introduces Wireless Charging for 530e iPerformance Plug-In HybridThe 3.2-kW charging system has an 85 percent efficiency and can fully charge the batteries in three and a half hours.READ NOW