Listen to This Straight-Piped 2018 Toyota Camry XSE Growl
Turns out, you can own a Camry and still be that guy.
The 2018 Toyota Camry was conceived as a direct response to those who called its predecessors boring, packing a lot more aesthetic panache and a much-improved driving experience. One owner, however, has taken the "family car gone wild" thing to new heights.
Fitting straight pipes to a 2018 Camry XSE V-6 apparently makes for a midsize sedan that the visually impaired could easily mistake for a bona fide supercar. Take a listen to this.
For a car historically known for being a top choice for cab drivers and grandmothers everywhere, this doesn't sound bad at all.
- RELATED2018 Toyota Camry Review: a Sharper, More Potent Reinvention for the World's Top-Selling SedanThe eighth-generation car looks sharp, and drives sharper than its predecessors.READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota Camry Recall: 11,800 Cars Could Leak FuelIncorrectly connected fuel lines could leak in 2018 Camry vehicles equipped with V-6 engines, automaker says.READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota Reminds Kentucky Plant That It'd Be Cheaper to Make the Camry in Japan'I’m not sharing this to scare you, but to heighten your awareness of the current risk we now have,' said plant manager Wil James.READ NOW
- RELATEDMazda Has Reportedly Stopped Benchmarking BMWWhile it may sound bad for the Bavarians, Mazda says things aren't that simple.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Straight-Piped Ferrari F430 Will Make You SquealThere's no better argument for naturally aspirated engines than this.READ NOW