Images of the 2019 Chevy Corvette ZR1 May Have Just Leaked
And don't forget to notice the 750 horsepower detail...
Alright folks, a leaked version of the December 2017 Car & Driver cover may have just debuted the new 750 horsepower Chevy Corvette ZR1. Prominently stanced on the cover, the all-new orange Corvette ZR1 looks drastically more aggressive than the current Z06. Between a massive hood vent, new bumper, giant rear wing and side-skirts. The Corvette ZR1 looks to have plenty of downforce to firmly keep the 750 horsepower land rocket on the ground.
To put things into perspective, the last ZR1 was produced in 2013 and it made 638 horsepower. Although this is a respectable output, it is still over 100 horsepower shy of the claimed 750 horsepower 2019 version. According to reports, the 2019 Chevy Corvette ZR1 will most likely use the same 6.2-liter V8 found in the current Z06, but with improved cooling. By just looking at the front vents and fascia you can assume the additional intakes help combat over heating. Without sounding like a total moron, I have to admit the nose looks similar to the 2016 Lamborghini Huracan, or closer than it did in previous years.
According to Corvette Blogger, the 2019 Chevy Corvette ZR1 will debut at the LA Auto Show.
- RELATEDBarely-Disguised Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Caught During Gas Station RunSeems like the new super-Vette is getting closer and closer to productionREAD NOW
- RELATEDIs This the 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 Going for a Nurburgring Lap Record?Video footage shows the lightly disguised test car finally getting off some clean laps on the track.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Sing a Glorious Song on the NurburgringIs this what the rumored LT5 engine sounds like?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Strange Saga of (Maybe) Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 ContinuesAfter Earnhardt claimed a listing for a Corvette once owned by him was fraudulent, the internet descended on the dealer.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 1967 Mustang with a Corvette Powertrain Sits on a Throne of LiesThis custom hot rod is sacrilege and we love it.READ NOW