First 2017 Honda Civic Type R Being Auctioned Off to Benefit Kids With Cancer
Bidding has already begun on Bring a Trailer.
A good car for a good cause. The first 2017 Honda Civic Type R, VIN number 01, is being auctioned off on Bring a Trailer—and once sold, Honda will donate the cash raised from the hot hatch's sale to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, to help kids afflicted with cancer.
The 306-horsepower, front-wheel-drive sports machine went up on the enthusiast-beloved auction site Wednesday. At the time of this writing, the listing has seven bids, and is currently sitting at $35,000.
"The Civic Type R has long been forbidden fruit for enthusiasts in the U.S., so we thought it would be fun to offer one lucky customer a shot at owning the first of its kind in America while benefitting the leading nonprofit solely dedicated to finding a cure for childhood brain tumors, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation," senior vice president of American Honda Autos, Jeff Conrad, said in a press release.
The auction ends on June 15th, so get your bid in now.
- RELATEDMcLaren-Honda Thinks They Have "One of the Best Cars" in F1If only they could pair their chassis with a decent engine...READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Subaru WRX STI Type RA Race Car Blast Around the Nurburgring in the WetSeems kind of like a waste of gas.READ NOW
- RELATEDHonda Civic Type R Priced at $33,900, According to Window StickerThe new Civic Type R has docked in America (literally), and we now have a clue as to exactly how much it will cost.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Cowboys and Cops Chase Down a Runaway Steer in TexasThis cow did just about everything it could to get away from the butcher.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Poop Truck Explode in the Middle of MoscowAmerica has nothing on Russia's dash cam disasters.READ NOW