Italdesign's Super-Exclusive $1.6 Million Zerouno Supercar Hits the Track
Also, turns out Italdesign's new supercar is named "Zerouno."
So, remember back in February, when Volkswagen A.G. styling department and in-house customization division Italdesign revealed an nutrageous super-limited supercar with a $1.6 million price tag? There's no shame if you don't. The world has been chock-full of news—supercar-related and otherwise—in those interceding months, so it's totally understandable if the seven-figure custom-made sports car got lost in your own personal blend of automotive static.
But Italdesign certainly hasn't forgotten about the project. Indeed, development of the five-off supercar has apparently been proceeding at full steam ahead. The carmaker has released a video of the 205-mile-per-hour speed machine hitting the track ahead of its forthcoming appearance at the Torino Auto Show next month.
The video doesn't reveal all that much in terms of new material, but it does give us a chance to hear the car's naturally-aspirated 5.2-liter V-10 engine rev and scream. Sure, it sounds a fair amount like the Lamborghini Huracan and the Audi R8—with which the Italdesign presumably shares its engine—but if that happens to be the problem for you, well, you probably aren't the target demographic.
Oh, and as a side note: Apparently, somewhere between the original press release back in February and the Geneva Motor Show in March, Italdesign settled on a name for its new supercar: Zerouno. Considering just five examples are being built, we'd probably have gone with "Zerocinque," but hey, whadda we know.
- RELATEDItaldesign Kicks Off Bespoke Supercar Program With a $1.6 Million, 205-MPH Speed MachineThe VW Group subsidiary's new limited-edition supercar shares an engine (and possibly more) with the Audi R8.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante: 7 First Impressions From ItalyOn Italy's historic Imola circuit, the Performante supercar proves its 'Ring record was no fluke.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus Will Have Laser Headlights StandardAvailable as an option on poverty-spec V10 non-Plus models.READ NOW
- RELATEDAirbus, Italdesign May Be Making a Car That Can Be Airlifted Above Traffic Via DroneWell, that's one way to deal with congestion.READ NOW
- RELATEDEven More Hardcore Lamborghini Huracan May Be in the CardsThe already mind-bogglingly fast Performante probably won't be the fastest Huracan we'll see.READ NOW