Alfa Romeo Stelvio Will Start at $41,995, Hit Showrooms This Summer
Details on the 510-horsepower Quadrifoglio version will be announced later this year.
Alfa Romeo's return to America marches on as the Italian automaker announced pricing and release information today on what should be the brand's big volume seller: the Stelvio crossover. The base Stelvio starts at $41,995 and comes standard with a leather interior, remote start with passive entry, bi-xenon headlights, a 7-inch TFT screen, and a dual exhaust. It even comes with F1-inspired goodies like a flat-bottom steering wheel and "class-exclusive" carbon-fiber driveshaft. Bet you don't get that in your BMW X3.
The Stelvio Ti—which stands for Turismo Internaziole—will cost $2,000 more to start, and comes with bigger 19-inch wheels, a wood-trimmed interior, an 8.8-inch infotainment center, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and "much more," according to the carmaker.
Both trims of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio use a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four good for 280 horsepower with power going to all four wheels as standard—no front-drive faux-off-roader nonsense here.
Alfa also boasts the Stelvio's "near perfect 50/50 weight distribution, segment-leading torsional rigidity and the most direct steering ratio in the segment." All Stelvios also get Alfa's 'DNA' Drive Mode Selector. Considering it's also named after what Top Gear declared as the greatest driving road in the world back in 2008, could this svelte SUV turn out to be the Ferrari of luxury mid-size crossovers? Sure sounds like it.
The Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Stelvio Ti are set to be available sometime this summer. Alfa says pricing and timing details on the hardcore, 510-hp Quadrifoglio version will be announced later this year. Consider us waiting excitedly.
- RELATEDThe Alfa Romeo Stelvio Will Fulfill All Your High-Horsepower Family-Hauling NeedsThe Quadrifoglio model borrows its 510-horsepower turbocharged V6 from the Giulia.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlfa Romeo Releases New Stelvio First EditionThe SUV stunner hits American shores.READ NOW
- RELATEDDon’t Forget How Beautiful the Alfa Romeo Stelvio IsE 'davvero bello!READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Time Lapse of an Enormous Alfa Romeo Stelvio PaintingLeave it to the Italians to handpaint a billboard.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 505-HP Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Costs $72,000; Lesser Models Start at $37,995The high-powered model is available starting this month.READ NOW