Royal Enfield Concept KX Brings a Shot of V-Twin Muscle to the Brand
If it sees production, this would be the first V-twin Royal Enfield since the 1930s.
Royal Enfield is a brand best known for its light- to middleweight bikes that is only just recently getting back into the world of two cylinders. As we await the arrival of the new twins in dealers, RE brought a stunning new concept to the EICMA motorcycle show that’s a different kind of machine. It’s called the Concept KX and it’s a muscular 838cc V-twin-powered bobber inspired by the 1140cc V-twin Royal Enfield KX of the 1930s. Take a look.
To this day, the original KX is the largest-displacement bike Royal Enfield has ever built. It was in a brief time when RE was trying to compete in the big-bore cruiser segment which didn’t last for the brand. Now that RE is going through a resurgence, it just might be a segment it’s considering once more.
The Concept KX has some clear inspiration from the antique it’s based on. It’s very long, has a prominently displayed V-twin, and even has an old-school green and gold paint job with a brown solo seat, though it gets more modern in the finer details. It has a cool LED headlight and a Transformers-esque front fork with no visible suspension. Blacked-out details all around take away some of the charm of the old bike and make the concept downright menacing.
Obviously, this bike is far from production-ready and is strictly a showpiece. There’s no license plate frame, no mirrors, no turn signals, and not much suspension to speak of. That said, this is a genuinely cool concept and it makes us hopeful that RE will get back into the cruiser scene with a new V-twin sometime soon.
- RELATED2019 Royal Enfield Twins Review: Pure Fun on an Honest, Approachable Middleweight MotoEveryone is talking about making motorcycles for new, younger riders. Royal Enfield is actually building them.READ NOW
- RELATED18-Year-Old Racer Breaks Speed Record on Modified Royal Enfield Continental GT 650Cayla Rivas of California hit 150 mph on her bike, but this has yet to be confirmed by the FIM.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan Motorcycle Review: Good on Trails, Better on Your WalletFinding the best value in adventure bikes today.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Royal Enfield Classic 500: Mechanical, Visual Upgrades Keep the Classic ModernNew color schemes and standard ABS are part of the Classic 500's upgrades for 2018.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Royal Enfield Thunderbird X is Another Beautiful Bike We Can't Have in the U.S.Ironically, this little Honda Rebel competitor is clearly influenced by American cruisers.READ NOW