Drive Wire for November 2, 2016: Fiat Chrysler Brings 6 Sweet Mopar-Tuned Rides to SEMA
From retro-modern Jeeps and muscle cars to Durangos with Viper seats.
Hey there. Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on November 2nd, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has brought a slew of customized vehicles to the annual SEMA show in Las Vegas.
From Jeep, FCA revealed the Wrangler CJ66, a vehicle combining a previous-generation Wrangler frame with the body from a 1966 Jeep CJ, further accessorized with a variety of modern parts.
For Dodge, FCA brought two cars: the Challenger Shakedown, a lowered and cleaned-up 1971 Challenger with a modern-day 485-horsepower Hemi V8 and the headlights, front grille, and taillamps from the current Chally…
…and the Durango Shaker, a blue SUV with a 6.4-liter Hemi V8, a shaker hood, and six Dodge Viper seats.
For Chrysler, FCA created the Pacifica Cadence, designed to channel a paddleboarder’s lifestyle with a board carrier, cargo bins, and a pet carrier.
Ram revealed the Macho Power Wagon, an aggressive, 1970s-inspired lifted truck with a sliding bed-mounted “Ram Rack” that resembles a spoiler but is actually designed to help store and secure items…
…as well as the ProMaster pit stop, a cargo van that has been transformed into a rolling bar—complete with referegerated compartments for four kegs.
That’s it for Drive Wire on November 2nd, 2016. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 1, 2016: Ford's Baja 1000-Bound F-150 Raptor Is Almost Entirely StockAll she really needed was a cage, a fuel cell, and some big ol' LEDs.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 2, 2016: Volkswagen Is Quitting World Rallycross RacingThe carmaker made it official this morning.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 31st, 2016: Elon Musk Reveals His Solar Roof TilesNew type of solar panels could be the key to Tesla's home-charging plans.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 31st, 2016: Uber Reveals More of Its Plans for Flying CarsThe “Uber Elevate” program could bring VTOL transportation to the masses.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 28, 2016: Portland Subaru Accidentally Stolen After Being Mistaken for Another SubaruOnly to be returned by the apologetic thief—along with gas money.READ NOW