Drive Wire: Audi A4L Debuts At The Beijing Auto Show
News out of China, Audi has debuted the A-4-L, an extended-wheelbase version of their B-9 platform sedan, at the Beijing auto show. The L is about an inch and a half longer than the standard A-4, and in Chinese-market style, all that room goes into the back seat to make the passenger compartment more comfortable. For those who don’t know, Chinese executives buy a car to be driven in, not to drive, and the A-4-L fits that role perfectly. The exciting part for the rest of the world is the nifty 252 horsepower turbo four that debuted with the L; that, we might get, the rest of the car will be sold exclusively in China.
- RELATED2016 Audi TT Roadster: 'Sexy Baby' No MoreNo longer just a stylish accessory, Audi's new mighty mite is out for blood. And the looks still kill.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Audi TT RS Is a 400 Horsepower Mini-R8A serious sports car, built on the bones of a compact.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Terrifying Lap in the Audi R8 V10 PlusThe Drive's disturbingly calm chief auto critic talks us through a 180 mph Daytona run.READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi A3 Sportback e-tron Quick ReviewCritic's Notebook takeaway: Just get a BMW i3 insteadREAD NOW
- RELATEDAudi Announces New Crossover In Meme FormGold star, Audi. Good Internet.READ NOW