2019 GMC Sierra Unveiling Scheduled for March 1
Another new face is coming to the truck market.
Ever since the unveiling of the all-new 2019 Chevy Silverado, we've been wondering when we can expect to see a new GMC Sierra. The Sierra has been the mechanical twin of the Silverado since the '90s and when a new Silverado is introduced, a new Sierra always follows.
We now have an unveiling date of March 1 and it sounds like only the Sierra 1500 will be unveiled for now with the HD models coming later. “I can confirm LD [light-duty] only,” said a GMC representative in an email to The Drive. The brand “can’t give away any other details just yet,” about the new Sierra. The unveiling will take place at the Russell Industrial Center in Detroit.
While we don’t know anything official about the engines that will be available in the new Sierra, we can reasonably expect the GMC to have the same engine offerings as the Chevy. What’s really a mystery is what the truck will look like. The Silverado and the Sierra used to look exactly the same, but the two trucks have gotten more different in design with each generation.
We can also expect to see a Denali variant of the new Sierra at the unveiling with a sophisticated appearance package, a lot of chrome, and a decked out interior. The Denali line has been growing over the years and has reached the point of accounting for almost one-third of all GMCs sold, so the new Sierra Denali will be an important part of the GMC lineup.
If you’re not sure about that new face on the Silverado, the Sierra should be a classier alternative like it always is.
- RELATEDThe 2016 GMC Sierra Denali and Yukon Denali Are Alaska ToughWe took GM's off-roaders to their treacherous namesake mountain to test their capability.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlmost One-Third of All GMC Models Sold Are DenalisGMC's efforts to establish itself as a luxury truck and SUV brand are paying off.READ NOW
- RELATEDChevrolet Reveals 2019 Silverado 1500 at North American International Auto ShowGM looks to land a major blow in the ever-competitive American pickup segment.READ NOW
- RELATEDTruck Prices Can Make or Break Brand Loyalty, Survey FindsIf prices rise too high, truck shoppers that are loyal to certain brands may consider others.READ NOW
- RELATEDGM Reveals 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Surprise Texas DebutAhead of its public debut at next month's North American International Auto Show, this automaker introduces one of eight new Silverado models.READ NOW