Zagato's New IsoRivolta Vision Gran Turismo Unveiled
If Zagato's new sports car looks straight out of a video game, that's because it is.
The PlayStation 4-exclusive racing game Gran Turismo Sport is out, and the game features a few fictional vehicles in its 162-car list. Despite its concept designation, the Zagato IsoRivolta Vision Gran Turismo isn't one of them. Milanese coachbuilder Zagato announced at this year's Tokyo Motor Show that it will build five IsoRivoltas from Sony's critically-acclaimed video game.
Like it's "Grand Touring" moniker implies, the car is a rear-wheel-drive sports coupe built on Zagato's signature bespoke chassis with a Corvette powertrain. Its twin-turbocharged, 6.2-liter V8 makes a whopping 997 horsepower and is mated to a 10-speed semi-automatic transmission. The car weighs just 2489 pounds, helping it soar to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds and up to a top speed of 227 mph.
The IsoRivolta Vision Gran Turismo is an homage to the original Iso Rivolta cars, beautiful Grand Touring racing cars featuring Zagato bodies and powerful American engines. These post-war racing cars helped pioneer the GT category of racing that combined daily drivability with heaps of power.
The coachbuilder says that the tie-in with gaming let Zagato's imagination run free when it designed the IsoRivolta Vision concept, with zero restrictions or limitations. "Like a Mobius strip, the PlayStation game has allowed ourselves to be transported from reality and thrust into a world of pure fantasy, and then back again.," said vice president of design, Norihiko Harada.
Although no price is given, the IsoRivolta's limited production means that you'll only be able to experience this automotive work of art on the television screen.
- RELATEDMcLaren Ultimate Vision GT Hybrid Hypercar Concept Will Debut in 'Gran Turismo Sport' Video GameDrive this futuristic concept on your PS4 starting Oct. 17.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Aston Martin Vanquish Gets Zagato-izedHow to make an already gorgeous car more beautiful.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake Revealed in All Its Sexy Mini-Wagon GloryYou know you want it.READ NOW
- RELATEDNight Racing in New Gran Turismo Sport Looks Stunningly RealisticOctober 17th can't come soon enough.READ NOW
- RELATEDFive Tokyo Motor Show Cars That Will Actually Get BuiltDon’t look now, but the future is (almost) here.READ NOW