Alpina B7 Bi-Turbo Can Hit 200 MPH
Custom BMW 7-Series strolls into the 200-MPH Club without even looking at the bouncer.
As if BMW's M Car division wasn't insane enough, legendary Bavarian Beemer tuner Alpina is back to transform another innocent luxury sedan into a super car-killing sleeper. Alpina's current target is the full-size, technology-rich 7-Series, and its latest creation is crazier than ever. Since it clearly wasn't happy with the 750i's 445 horses, Alpina debuted the 608-horsepower B7 last year and the performance figures were impressive enough. Most notable was the car's announced top speed of 193 miles per hour, but apparently that was false. After testing, the B7 Bi-Turbo is now part of the 200 MPH club, the newest member of the small list of sedans that can achieve these digits.
So, how does a roughly 4500-pound luxury sedan hit 205 miles per hour? According to Carbuzz, all it takes is enough Forza-style engine upgrading to get the car to more than 600 horses. Alpina turned every component of the 750i's 4.4-liter V8 up to 11, added two turbochargers, and fine-tuned the car's ZF 8-speed, semi-automatic gearbox to handle the load. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best, as the B7 now proves.
While most cars that reach these speeds have the same amount of luxury and interior space as a Mazda Miata, the B7 Bi-Turbo features more technology than your average limousine. Alpina promises that its car will have plenty of customization and trim options. The B7 may cost $67,000 more than a base 7-Series, but the look on that Ferrari owner's face when you keep up with him on the straights is priceless.
- RELATEDAlpina B7 vs. BMW M760i xDriveThe battle of the big Bavarian brothers.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis BMW Alpina B10 3.5 Is Almost PerfectIs an automatic transmission enough to drive you away from this gem?READ NOW
- RELATED608-HP Alpina B5 Turbo Is Here to Spice Up the New BMW 5 SeriesThere's even a wagon!READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch this Acura Integra Hit a 200 MPH World RecordWhile most of us are worried about 0-60 times, Myles is worried about 0-200.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 13-Year-Old Hit 200 MPH in a Bugatti VeyronBreaking the double-ton is all in a day's work for Steven Aghakhani.READ NOW