Cars and Guns: The Finale
A fake mission with multiple cars, live fire, and very real adrenaline.
All week we've been rolling out How-To videos from our Cars and Guns extravaganza (see above!) with moves like the PIT maneuver, J-turn, forward 180, and more. Now, it's time to see the final entire two days of training with Team O'Neil Rally School and Sig Sauer, who provided the high-performance driving and firearms training, respectively.
The culmination of the many, many hours of sliding cars and shooting guns was a fake mission dreamed up to put a variety of the skills learned to the test. As you'll see in the video, this was all done at speed and with live fire—and while safety was obviously the top priority, the adrenaline in the middle of the action was very real despite the fact that the paper targets weren't firing back.
If you think this looks cool ... well, yeah, duh. But guess what? Team O'Neil and Sig Sauer now offer a two-day Cars and Guns course that's open to everyone. Hey, you're everyone! What are you waiting for?
- RELATEDWe Helped Team O’Neil and Sig Sauer Create the Most Badass Driving Course EverCars and Guns. You read that right—and you can do it, too.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Execute a PIT ManeuverThis chase-ending move might be one of the best-known tactical driving skills.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Drive Backwards, FastYou're basically driving from the backseat, so visibility—to say nothing of driving dynamics—is a bit iffy.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Flip Your Car 180 Degrees at SpeedFor when you really, really don't have time for a 3-point turn.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow to Precision-Slide a CarManeuvering into "position to cover" is a useful tactical skill—or at the very least, a neat trick.READ NOW