This 600-Plus Horsepower Ford F-150 RTR Concept Is a Muscular Jack of All Trades
From drifting to off-roading to everyday cruising, this aggressive Ford F-150 claims it can do it all.
America’s favorite pickup truck got a serious makeover by the folks at RTR Vehicles. Last week we reported on the 700-plus horsepower Mustang RTR customized by Vaughn Gittin Jr. set to debut at SEMA and now we know it will be accompanied by a Ford F-150 RTR muscle truck concept.
This 2018 Ford F-150 RTR concept looks like the strong, silent type. The exterior isn’t too flashy but it certainly makes a statement. Exterior mods include a black and dark gray paint job, RTR’s signature grille and lighting package, fender flares, RTR badging, and forged RTR Tech 6 off-road wheels wrapped in 33-inch Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. It has a custom RTR interior by automotive leather interior specialist Katzkin and a dash plaque signed by Vaughn Gittin Jr. RTR did a great job making this F-150 stand out without being too in-your-face.
The aesthetic is just the beginning of the modifications made on the Ford F-150 RTR muscle truck concept. This pickup is packing over 600 hp courtesy of a modified 5.0-liter V-8 under the hood. Rather than being purpose built for one thing like off-roading or track performance, this muscle truck claims to do a little of everything.
“The Ford F-150 RTR Muscle Truck Concept is a multi-purpose machine capable of performing the wide range of tasks all F-150's can handle, including other performance benefits the RTR Lab cooked up,” said team RTR marketing and communications director, Michael Crenshaw. “Whether looking for some fun off-road, drifting around the next corner, getting some air, or simply cruising the streets with family and friends in style, the F-150 RTR Muscle Truck Concept is designed for all the fun you can throw at it!”
Look for the Ford F-150 RTR muscle truck concept alongside the Mustang RTR at SEMA.
- RELATEDThe Shelby F-150 Super Snake is the Ultimate Muscle TruckIn case you find the milquetoast Ford Raptor is just too boring.READ NOW
- RELATEDVaughn Gittin Jr. Tells You Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Vaughn Gittin Jr.The Formula Drift driver sits down with Hoonigan to have some beers and share some details.READ NOW
- RELATEDHoly Overkill: the Hennessey VelociRaptor 6×6 Will Debut at SEMACome and get it.READ NOW
- RELATEDVaughn Gittin Jr.'s New Ford Mustang RTR Packs North of 700 HorsepowerAnd you can take one home real soon.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord F-150 Raptor Gets Shelby Treatment with the Shelby Baja RaptorIn case you got bored with just a regular Ford F-150 Raptor.READ NOW