Fleet of Ram Trucks to Haul Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Floats in NYC
Which tickles your fancy, a Green Giant-themed Ram pickup or Santa's Hemi-powered sleigh?
Thanksgiving is a holiday of traditions, especially when it comes to what's on the television. While you and yours may turn to the football game during the afternoon, morning time is often reserved for one nationwide event: the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. If you live in New York City or happen to be in town, maybe you stop by to watch it in person with the other 3.5 million in the audience, but regardless of where you observe the hours-long procession with some of the most elaborate floats, you'll see Ram trucks leading the way.
This is the fifth consecutive year in which Ram vehicles serve as the event's official truck. Over 20 Ram pickups will make their way from West 77th and Central Park to the Macy's on Herald Square, some of which are specially wrapped to match the floats they're hauling: Harvest in the Valley by Green Giant, Splashing Safari Adventure by Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, Mount Rushmore's American Pride by South Dakota Department of Tourism and Santa's Sleigh.
"It is with great pride that the Ram Truck brand celebrates five years of aligning with the iconic Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade," said Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. "This is truly a cultural moment and in this season of thanks, we are honored to be just a small part of the magic that happens as our full portfolio of award-winning trucks pulls these floats down the streets of Manhattan."
Additionally, behind-the-scenes workers will utilize Ram ProMaster vans to haul cargo like broadcast equipment, bringing the total Ram vehicle count above 65.
The parade attracts over 50 million viewers annually on television, where it'll air at 9 a.m. in all time zones on Thursday, Nov. 28.
Got a tip? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELATEDSpy Shots Suggest 2021 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Will Ride on Ram 1500 Truck PlatformDon't be surprised to find a Hemi under the hood, either.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Tesla Cybertruck Compared to the 2020 Ford F-150, Chevy Silverado, and Ram 1500We all know how it looks. Here's how the promised specs stack up.READ NOW
- RELATEDInsane Discounts Mean You Can Grab a Plush 2019 Ram 1500 Limited for $41K Right NowIt's that time of the year.READ NOW
- RELATED2020 Ram 1500 'Built to Serve Edition' Honors US Troops in Time for Veterans DayThe pickup trucks will be sold in 10 limited-edition colors, two to honor each of the five branches of the United States military.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ram Trucks' Emotional Ad Debuting at Macy's Thanksgiving Day ParadeLike most ads from the American truck manufacturer, this one will get you right in the feels.READ NOW