The Drive Teams With Blipshift to Offer Discerning Enthusiasts the Perfect Pasha Tee
Feel confident, feel bold, feel Pasha.
Let’s take it back to 1978. The first LaserDisc hit shelves, LEGO’s little yellow man was born, and Grease was the word. Life was good. But while Travolta’s coiffed 'do spawned many imitators, what made 1978 special was the Porsche’s 928 and the debut of its whimsical Pasha fabric. And now, thanks to The Drive’s latest collaboration with Blipshift, you too can upholster yourself in a perfect Pasha tee.
Porsche’s owners had already enjoyed fanciful patterns like Pepita (houndstooth), Tartan (plaid), and Pinstripes (er, pinstripes). Pash was inspired by a waving checkered flag. The intricate pattern was unlike any Porsche design before, and was nearly impossible to mass-produce, making each car’s interior unique. Pasha broke the norm of what interior design could look like and was extremely successful.
Due to massive demand, Pasha was later introduced as an option throughout the company's entire lineup. This Pasha craze lead to Porsche’s "Heritage Design Strategy"—an initiative that would lead to Porsche Exclusive, solidifying the company’s reputation for factory customization. Even today, no more than two identical 911’s are built each year.
For Pasha fans, the pattern signifies freedom of design, individuality, and confidence—something we don’t see from modern manufacturers' conservative interior designs. Ivo van Hulten, Porsche’s Head of Interior Design puts it best. “Individual memories are brought to life by certain colors, haptics, or patterns," he says. "This trend, which we also see in the fashion world or interior design, is the core idea of this strategy.”
Beyond the tactility of a vintage Porsche, enthusiasts appreciate the brand's unique design elements. It's why The Drive's own Alex Roy drives a Morgan Three-Wheeler and it’s why Pasha is the perfect print for our next collaboration with Blipshift.
Driving something bland and gray, no matter how well it performs, is boring. There’s no thrill. We want the choice to declare ourselves, our confidence, and our freedom. Pasha, even just in the form of a soft and silky t-shirt, can do that. And by democratizing Pasha, you too can tangibly feel those things.
- RELATEDIt's HammerZeit! The Drive and Blipshift Commemorate the Genesis of German Super SaloonsDie Deutschen have gone mad.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive and Blipshift Team Up for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS T-Shirt of Your DreamsA 500-horsepower flat-six, the towering Swiss Alps, and a fine cotton blend.READ NOW
- RELATEDYour Hunt For Red October Has Ended With This 'Crazy Ivan' T-Shirt!Stop dead in the water and invoke your inner Captain Ramius with this one of a kind homage to submarine warfare and the iconic film that showcased it.READ NOW
- RELATEDTom Cruise Spotted Riding a Kawasaki Ninja H2 on the Set of Top Gun: MaverickMore than 30 years after the Ninja 900 appeared in the original Top Gun, Kawasaki is returning to the danger zone.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2020 Porsche Taycan: The Empire Strikes BackThe stunning Taycan isn't a Tesla Killer. It's something else entirely.READ NOW