Configure the Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Because You Weren't Doing Anything Important Anyway
Why be productive when there's a new configurator online of a car we've waited decades to see?
And after all that waiting, the smart folks at General Motors were wise enough to put the online configurator for this new C8-generation Corvette Stingray online right away. It's as if they knew this was a lazy summer day that you didn't want to spend working anyway, if we're honest. Instead of all the yard work, soccer games, or grilling you were having trouble concentrating on anyway, why not option out a brand new Corvette?
Today's new configurator includes paint colors, option packages, interior colors, and available wheels. One of my favorites, Lime Rock Green, is conspicuously missing, but the shiny brown Zeus Bronze Metallic and bright Rapid Blue almost make up for it. Almost.
There are a lot of us who probably have better things to do at the moment, so it's worth noting that there's usually also a more robust 3D experience to the configurator that I couldn't access when I tried making my dream 'Vette. The full 3D visualizer with different option packages and interior schemes had been automatically disabled as the site had exceeded capacity. So, it's worth bookmarking this one and returning to it later if that happens, preferably when you have a few emails you're ambivalent about sending.
What you can do with the limited-experience, at-capacity configuration page is toggle the headlights and roof on and off, and switch between interior and exterior views. Pricing isn't available yet for your online creations, either, so we'll have to wait to see how much that fancy exposed carbon fiber roof panel will be.
The best part about the new 'Vette is that you might actually be able to afford your creation once you've spent hours messing with the builder online. While we can't wait to drive it to see if it's any good, this sub-$60,000 everyman's sports car certainly sounds like the supercar-humbling tour de force we were hoping for, complete with a new, more balanced drivetrain layout. The base model announced yesterday is no slouch, either, with a 6.2-liter LT2 V8 cranking out 495 horsepower.
How would you spec out a C8 Corvette? Check out the configurator here, and drop the mid-engine Stingray of your dreams down in the comments below.
- RELATEDThe 495-HP, 2020 Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Is Here, and it Costs Less Than $60KReady or not, it's a new era for the Corvette.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Stingray Leaked on the Web Before Anyone's Supposed To See ItA digital slip left the most anticipated car in decades buck naked on Apple News.READ NOW
- RELATEDAlleged Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Interior Photo Leaks Before Tonight's RevealIt's a new Corvette, inside and out.READ NOW
- RELATEDMid-Engined Chevrolet Corvette C8 Could Pack Twin-Turbo 'LT7' Motor in Z06 Trim: ReportDespite previous reports, a Blackwing-engined Corvette might be in the works.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Get Pushed to Its Limits at the NürburgringThis is the hardest we've seen any C8 test mule get pushed on track. Could Chevy be going for a record before its July 18 reveal?READ NOW