Subaru Announces Pricing for Limited Edition WRX STI Type RA and BRZ tS
The special editions will cost $48,995 and $33,495 respectively and are limited to 500 units.
The new WRX STI Type RA will cost $48,995 and is optimized for track use, as explained by the "Record Attempt" (RA) moniker at the end of its name. A new high-flow exhaust, retuned ECU, and cold-air intake coax an additional five horses out of the 2.5-liter turbocharged Boxer engine, bringing power to 310 horsepower. Subaru Tecnica International tuned the suspension with Bilstein dampers and upgraded stability control, also adding Active Torque Vectoring and larger Brembo brakes with six-piston calipers.
The Type RA is denoted by new gold BBS 19-inch wheels, a larger underspoiler, Type RA badges, and Cherry Blossom Red accents throughout. The interior of the car gets similar red-accented stitching on the new Recaro sport seats. The cabin also features an Ultrasuede-wrapped steering wheel and plaque on the center console that shows the car's production number.
Subaru still refuses to put more power in the $33,495 BRZ tS, instead focusing on improving the car's handling with STI-tuned coil springs and Sachs dampers. STI 18-inch wheels are all new as well, which stop faster thanks to upgraded Brembo rotors and calipers, four-piston the front, two-piston in the rear.
Like the Type RA, the unique BRZ comes with Cherry Blossom Red accents on the grille and rear bumper, plus an adjustable rear spoiler, tS badges, and front/side/rear underspoilers. The interior is covered in Alcantara and black leather, accented with red on the seatbelts, door panels, seat stitching, steering wheel, e-brake cover, and shift lever.
Both limited edition Subies will be available in 3 colors: Crystal White Pearl, WR Pearl, and Crystal Black Basilica. Just 500 units of each model will be made, and are designed specifically to dominate the track.
- RELATEDSubaru Will Give Its Entire Lineup 50th Anniversary EditionsSubbie goes big for its 50th anniversary in the United States.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Subaru BRZ Starts at $25,595The new BRZ gets a price increase and optional performance package.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext Subaru WRX STI Will Probably Be a Hybrid, Report Says'I like my cars like I like my cigarettes. Electric.'READ NOW
- RELATEDSubaru Still Refuses to Give the BRZ More Power in the STI SportThis Japan-only BRZ comes with Sachs dampers, Brembo brakes, and precisely zero extra ponies under the hood.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Subaru BRZ Turbo Is The Widebody STI Subaru Never MadeIf Subaru won't turbocharge the BRZ, then an army of tuners will.READ NOW