Take 'The Ultimate Joyride' in a Polaris Slingshot Through a Drift Course at Sturgis
There will also be demo rides and a special owners ride through the Black Hills National Forest.
For the first time at Sturgis, Polaris will be offering “The Ultimate Joyride” in the Polaris Slingshot at the Sturgis motorcycle rally. The joyride is a ride-along with a professional driver who takes you through a drift course to showcase just how fun the Slingshot can be, especially going sideways.
“The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally provides the perfect setting to introduce the fun and exciting Slingshot lifestyle to riders from around the country.,” said Josh Fulkerson, Slingshot senior director in a press release. “The Slingshot Joyride experience gives riders a unique opportunity to ride ‘shotgun’ alongside a professional driver that’ll leave them grinning from ear-to-ear.”
If you want to do the driving, Polaris won’t let you go through the drift course, however, there will be demo rides available of the 2019 Slingshot lineup. The lineup consists of the base S model, the mid-range SL, the sporty SLR, and the luxurious Grand Touring model.
For Polaris Slingshot owners, Polaris will be hosting an owners ride through Black Hills National Forest and ending in Buffalo Chip, South Dakota. The ride will be followed by a night of food and entertainment. If you’re one of the first 175 owners to register for the ride, you’ll win free tickets to the Kid Rock concert at Sturgis that evening. To participate, head to Rice’s Rushmore Motorsports in Rapid City, South Dakota at 2:30 p.m., Aug. 9.
The Ultimate Joyride course and the demo rides take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Aug. 3-11. The Joyride course will be located at 3rd and Lazelle St. in Sturgis, while the demo rides will be available at Rice’s Rushmore Motorsports. If you’re going to be at Sturgis and you’re curious about the Slingshot, a demo ride or an Ultimate Joyride would be a great way to get acquainted with the three-wheeler.
- RELATEDThe Polaris Slingshot Is Now Available for Purchase in All 50 StatesHawaii says 'aloha' to the Slingshot.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Try Out a Polaris Slingshot at the 2018 Daytona Bike WeekDemo rides will be available for the bold three-wheeler.READ NOW
- RELATEDIndian Motorcycle Has Some Exciting Entertainment Planned for SturgisRacing, firewall jumping, and an Eric Church concert are just the beginning.READ NOW
- RELATEDGet $1,000 Allowance on Trade-In Motorcycle or Sand Rail for Polaris SlingshotThis might be your only chance to get a trade-in allowance on a sand rail buggy.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolaris Slingshot Recalled for Faulty Seats, Seat BeltsThe seat belt and seat back anchoring bracket may have been improperly welded on some Slingshots.READ NOW