Volvo to Make U.S. Debut of All-New 2018 XC60 at 2017 New York Auto Show
The T8 trim of the compact SUV will receive a 400-horsepower plug-in hybrid engine.
After the redesigned Volvo XC90 debuted in 2016, a lot of people began to wonder about the fate of the aging XC60. After much anticipation, the all-new 2018 Volvo XC60 will debut at the 2017 New York International Auto Show.
Using Volvo’s new Scalable Product Architecture, the XC60 will have a lot of similar design cues as the XC90, but it will be smaller in stature. Like its bigger brother, the 2018 XC60 will have several (three to be exact) engines to choose from. The T5 trim will come with a turbocharged four-cylinder making 250 horsepower, while the T6 will be a turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder totaling 316 horsepower. If customers really want to get sucked back into their seats, they can opt for the T8 trim with a twin engine plug-in electric hybrid producing a 400 horsepower. The T8 XC60 will reportedly hit 62 mph in 5.3 seconds.
Production of the all-new 2018 Volvo XC60 will begin in mid-April and the debut is scheduled to take place at the 2017 New York International Auto Show on April 12th, 2017.
Volvo will also be celebrating their 90th year of production by bringing along restored classic Volvos to the 2017 New York International Auto Show...in addition, hopefully, to a little champagne toast.
- RELATEDThe New Volvo XC60 Makes a Bold Statement for Safety"...By 2020 no one should be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car."READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Volvo Attempt to Destroy Its New XC60 Crossover in Crash TestsVolvo really wants its XC60 to keep its occupants safe.READ NOW
- RELATEDVolvo XC60 Debuts at Geneva Motor ShowIt's finally here in all of its premium glory. We like it.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Volvo XC60 Teased Ahead of Geneva Motor ShowVolvo's middleweight SUV looks set to join the XC90 in the fashionable part of the soft-roader district.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription is One Swift SwedeWith a turbo and supercharger under the hood!READ NOW