Drive Wire: Coming Soon: A Hybrid Jeep Wrangler
Hot on the heels of the announcement that we’ll be getting a Wrangler pickup, Fiat-Chrysler has confirmed hybrid and diesel powerplants for their new off-roader. The plan is to introduce a “mild hybrid system” first, which will use braking energy to power ancillary systems like climate control, and then roll out gas-hybrid and diesel systems later on to help meet stricter emissions and fuel economy targets. For now, we’re just happy that the new Wrangler will hit showrooms later this year as a 2018 model.
- RELATEDNASCAR Garage Wants to Build Diesel Jeep Wranglers for U.S. ArmyA Carolina-based stock car racing subsidiary wants to put Jeeps back on the battlefield. Because America.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Jeep Reveals Wrangler Unlimited Red Rock EditionREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Hendricks Is Developing a Jeep Wrangler for the MilitaryREAD NOW
- RELATEDPlease, Jeep, Make the Wrangler Pickup Like ThisEveryone’s dream Wrangler truck is hiding in plain sight.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Rhino XT Is An Armored Jeep WranglerREAD NOW