The IMSA Support Races at Circuit Of The Americas
Running alongside IMSA this weekend was the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series.
Sharing the track with IMSA this weekend at Circuit Of The Americas were two other support series that run in conjunction with the main event.
The Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge brings in 23 Porsche GT3 Cup cars piloted by semi-pro and aspiring-pro racers for a pair of races. The two classes represent the current year GT3 Cup car and those from previous years.
The Lamborghini Super Trofeo series is a fly-in series where Lamborghini provides 22 identically set up Lamborghini Huracan LP620-2 models, complete with teams and support. Drivers in 4 classes compete in a pair of 50 minute races.
- RELATEDIMSA At Circuit Of The AmericasIMSA's WeatherTech Sportscar Championship rolled into Austin for a weekend or racing and we were trackside.READ NOW
- RELATEDContinental Tire Sportscar Challenge at Circuit of the AmericasThe IMSA undercard also raced at Austin this week, and as always, we were camera in hand.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to This Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo SingThe LP620-2 may be the best sounding GT car this season.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Makes Pre-Season Testing Debut In AlabamaBarber Motorsports Park Hosted Five IMSA GT3 Cup Teams To Test Out Their New CarsREAD NOW
- RELATEDFord GT Super Gallery: IMSA at COTAThe beautiful Ford GT on the incredible Circuit Of The Americas track deserves an in-depth look.READ NOW