Prototype UTV Stolen from Robby Gordon Motorsports
Gordon is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
Off-road racer and Stadium Super Trucks founder Robby Gordon had an unpleasant surprise Christmas Eve. A prototype Arctic Cat side-by-side off-road vehicle was stolen from Robby Gordon Motorsports at around 5 a.m., according to Gordon's social media posts.
UTVs are off-road all-terrain vehicles, also known as side-by-sides since the passenger sits next to the driver rather than behind as on a four-wheeler ATV or a motorcycle. UTVs have recently started appearing in mainstream racing series such as Stadium Super Trucks. Red Bull Global Rallycross is adding a class for Polaris UTVs next year, while NASA Rally Sport has supported classes for UTVs, ATVs, and dual-sport motorcycles in its stage rallies for years.
Gordon is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the thieves. He asks that anyone with knowledge about the theft contact the Charlotte-Mecklenburg, North Carolina Police Department at (704) 334-1600 and use case number 2017 1224 1123 00.
We've reached out to Robby Gordon Motorsports for any additional information about the UTV to help with the search and will post any updates they provide.
- RELATEDFour Arrested After Bizarre Theft of Four Teslas From Utah DealershipOne suspect pulled over behind a police car and claimed his name was Tesla.READ NOW
- RELATEDStolen Peugeot Found Intact Under Swamp in France 38 Years After TheftIt all started with a wild night in 1979...READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Wrangler Theft Ring Busted in San DiegoThe Hooligan motorcycle gang is allegedly responsible for more than 150 thefts since 2014.READ NOW
- RELATEDJames May Has a Solution for Motorcycle Theft"We must deal with the problem of bike thieves at its source, by killing them."READ NOW
- RELATEDAlbuquerque Has the Highest Car Theft Rates Per Capita in AmericaThe carjacking rate has more than tripled in Bernalillo County since 2013.READ NOW