Watch Justin Bell Explain What the Aston Martin DB11 Means to Britain
British racing driver Justin Bell joins Motor Trend's review of "the most important Aston Martin ever."
Motor Trend's Ignition has been on a bit of a roll with the guest appearances lately. After jumping some sand dunes with Ken Block in the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor, host Jonny Lieberman is back at it again this week with racing driver and consummate Briton, Justin Bell, in a review of Aston Martin's new DB11—or, as Jonny calls it, the most important Aston Martin ever.
The video gives us a chance to see and hear Aston's gorgeous new GT car in action and get Lieberman's initial impressions. The DB11 is one of those cars whose beauty can't fully be communicated on a two-dimensional screen, but the moving images presented here of the glorious British coupe do a great job of conveying the stunning detail and proportions.
Jonny then meets up with Bell to not only discuss how the Aston Martin DB11 drives and looks, but what the Aston brand means to the British as a whole.
Despite its position as a heavy, long-distance GT cruiser, the DB11 posted an impressive time of 1:30.38 at Big Willow, all the while receiving top marks from Lieberman and Bell as a very, very special experience out on the open road—admittedly, not a very surprising verdict, given the reactions of The Drive's own Mike Spinelli when he got to drive the DB11 in Tuscany last year.
- RELATEDAston Martin DB11 First Drive in Tuscany'Twas cleverness, and a couple of turbochargers, that saved the Aston V12.READ NOW
- RELATEDCar Porn: Aston Martin DB11Getting up close and personal with the sexiest cars on the internet.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Tests Hotted-Up DB11 at the NürburgringIs a DB11 S in the works?READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Aston Martin DB11 First DriveThe first Aston of the 21st Century.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Tweets About The 2017 Aston Martin DB11Here's why the stunning DB11 is Aston Martin's ultimate 21st-century car.READ NOW