The Lamborghini Urus Can Go Off-Road With Ease
Watch the Italian carmaker's Super SUV take on the dirt roads.
The list of manufacturers without an SUV is dwindling. Bentley, Jaguar and Maserati all introduced models last year while Rolls-Royce is developing its solution to the crossover craze. Lamborghini is one of the last automakers lacking an SUV in its lineup, until now.
With the official reveal less than 2 weeks away, Lamborghini continues to tease the highly anticipated Urus, its first SUV in 25 years. The Super SUV, as Lamborghini is calling it, will be able to tackle all kinds of terrain. Having previously previewed the Sabbia and Neve driving modes, the Terra driving mode ticks the off-road capability checkbox.
In the latest video, a disguised Urus travels over 150 km/h (93 mph) on winding, unpaved roads with the Terra driving mode activated. At that speed, the Urus is only using a fraction of its power. The new car will come with a new powerplant: a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 producing a mighty 650 horsepower. That is more horsepower than any V-10 powered Raging Bull.
With the release of the Urus, Lamborghini will best Ferrari. While the other Italian supercar maker has confirmed its plans, we will have to wait a little bit longer before we see a crossover with the Prancing Horse.
- RELATEDLamborghini Teases Urus Ahead of December RevealThe Italian automaker is calling the Urus the world's first super sport utility vehicle.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Upcoming Lamborghini Urus Drive Through the SnowThe Raging Bull shows it is bringing a fully capable crossover SUV into the fold.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Lamborghini Urus SUV Will Have a Dedicated Off-Road Mode for Sand DunesFor those who dare to take their Lambo off road.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Built a Whole Factory for the Urus SUVThe high-end people-hauler is expected to double the company's production to 7,000 vehicles annually.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Urus Spotted Testing in Disguise at the NurburgringIs a four-door crossover the right move for Lamborghini?READ NOW