Hyundai Builds Elantra Sport Concept for SEMA
This Elantra is very fast and very orange.
In the weeks leading up to the SEMA show in Las Vegas this month, expect to see a ton of flashy concept cars and ridiculous custom builds unveiled. Even Hyundai Motors is getting a piece of the action with multiple customized cars from its lineup.
The latest Hyundai to roll out of the shop is the BTR Edition Elantra Sport Concept. Hyundai partnered with Blood Type Racing to tune and customize one of its cars, so don't think for a second that this is just an Elantra Sport with some aero bits tacked on. It's not just a built race car either; BTR has meticulously customized its Elantra to be drivable as comfortably on the road is it is on the track.
“The BTR Edition Elantra Sport takes the Elantra beyond its capable OEM-development roots without sacrificing daily drivability,” said BTR product manager Sam Lee.
The BTR Edition Elantra Sport Concept gets its look thanks to an Aerotek front/side/rear lip kit, APR GTC-200 GT rear wing, Diode Dynamic headlights, and BASF Glasurit Arancio Borealis done by AutoArt.
The car has been upgraded particularly for handling, sitting on HSD coilovers with 19 inch SSR GTX01 wheels wrapped in grippy Toyo Proxes T1 Sport tires. It also features a Pierce Motorsports chassis brace, strut brace, and sway bars, plus a Fella Big Brake kit to stop it.
Under the hood, the Sport Concept gets a Devil's Own water/methanol injection kit for power gains and temperature management. It also features a custom tune from BTR, Torcon cold-air intake, and Pierce Motorsports exhaust.
The sporty interior has been restitched and BTR added diamond-stitched floor mats and a SoCalGarageWorks carbon-fiber steering wheel for a premium sports car feel.
You can see this insane Hyundai and more at the SEMA show at the Las Vegas Convention Center during the week of Halloween (Oct. 31 to Nov. 3).
- RELATEDRockstar Energy Moab Extreme Off-Roader Santa Fe Sport Concept Has Way Too Long a NameHyundai and Rockstar are hoping to energize the off-road enthusiast crowd at SEMA with this extreme crossover concept.READ NOW
- RELATEDDominic Le Builds a Datsun 240Z SEMA Show Car in His Home GarageWith only a month left until SEMA, Dominic shares the progress on his one-of-a-kind home-built Datsun 240Z show car.READ NOW
- RELATEDFrom Stock To SEMA In The Pandem Porsche CaymanThis video shows exactly what it's like to build a SEMA car in a rushREAD NOW
- RELATEDA Datsun 260Z SEMA Show Car Was Built In A DrivewayHow Chasing Js' Datsun 260Z brought shakotan vibes to SEMA.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Starts at $19,350Sportier than a VW Golf but not quite a hot hatch. Where does the new Elantra GT fall?READ NOW