Electric GT's Race-Ready Tesla Is an Absolute Monster
And it appears to have downforce for days.
The Tesla Model S is a fast sedan. That much we know. But boy were we not expecting Electric GT’s race-ready Tesla Model S to be this fast. According to reports, the Tesla Model S that they plan to use is based off a P100D, and it is a punisher. Shedding 1,100 pounds off the original vehicle and getting tuned up to 778-HP, the race-ready Tesla will rocket to 62mph in just 2.1 seconds.
In the video below, you can see a massive rear wing keeping the lightweight car on the ground as it blasts down the Pau-Arnos circuit. The Electric GT series will apparently 10 teams consisting of two drivers each. The series will travel to seven different circuits throughout Europe as well as several American exhibition races.
At first I had zero interest in watching electric vehicle racing but this video has definitely changed my mind. After the third or fourth time watching the short clip, I am convinced this thing is on tracks. It is unclear when the race season will officially kick off but The Drive will be sure to keep you posted.
- RELATEDElectric GT's Tesla Model S Race Car Does 0-60 MPH in 2.1 SecondsAnd whips up one hell of a smokeshow.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Tesla Model S P100D Is Here, Does 0-60 In 2.5 SecondsTesla claiming it's the quickest production car currently on sale in the world.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla's Autopilot Could Be Fully Autonomous in 3 Months, Elon Musk SaysBut will it be legal to let go of the wheel?READ NOW
- RELATEDIs NASCAR's New Racing Format a Suicide Mission?Chasing viewers, NASCAR is doubling down on its flaws.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs Pro Baseball Pitcher CJ Wilson Going Racing At Le Mans With Porsche?This new promotional video on Porsche's YouTube channel seems to indicate so.READ NOW