Kevin Hart's Hellcat-Powered 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Totaled in Rollover Crash on Mulholland
Hart reportedly sustained “major” back injuries in the crash.
Actor and stand-up comedian Kevin Hart sustained “major” back injuries in a single-car crash early Sunday morning in California, according to the California Highway Patrol via The Hollywood Reporter. Authorities say Hart was a passenger in his Hellcat-powered 1970 Plymouth Barracuda when the driver lost control and went through a guardrail. The modified muscle car then reportedly rolled down an embankment.
The wreck occurred in Malibu on Mulholland Highway and authorities say that all three people who were in the car are lucky to be alive.
Responding crews supposedly had to rescue two of the car’s occupants as they were trapped inside the vehicle following the crash.
A police report stated authorities don’t suspect any foul play and the driver, a friend of Hart’s named Jared S. Black, was not under any influence of alcohol or drugs. The third occupant, Rebecca Broxterman, who’s engaged to Black and is Hart’s wife’s personal trainer, walked away with only minor injuries.
Photos of the crash began circulating on social media earlier this morning, showing the ‘Cuda’s roof crushed in after rollover.
Hart was reportedly able to leave the scene on his own to return to his nearby residence before seeking medical attention. TMZ states that Hart was then taken to a local hospital and treated afterward.
It was only back in July when Hart took delivery of that ‘Cuda, posting the car to various social channels. Built by renowned tuning shop Speedkore, it featured a 6.2-liter supercharged Hemi V8 under the hood along with a variety of other upgrades, both inside and out.
- RELATEDDid You Know Kevin Hart Owns a Hellcat-Swapped 1970 Plymouth Barracuda?It's nice to know that some Hollywood personalities actually have good taste.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriver’s Ed With Conan O’Brien, Kevin Hart and Ice CubeThis poor lady has no idea what’s coming.READ NOW
- RELATEDBehold a Demon-Powered Dodge Challenger Hellcat Rendered as Hemi Under Glass Plymouth BarracudaCreated by Hurst Performance in the late '60s, the Hemi Under Glass 'Cuda relocated the Hemi engine to the top of the rear axle for extreme wheelies.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Dodge Viper With a Plymouth Barracuda Body Is Modern Muscle Done RightDid we mention it's supercharged?READ NOW
- RELATEDTracy Morgan's New $2M Bugatti Veyron Crashed Into by Honda CR-V Moments After PurchaseCan you imagine being the CR-V driver making the insurance phone call after crashing into a $2M hypercar?READ NOW